• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Back to square one.......

wish i'd gotten a better look over the weekend. As of now I don't have any plans to make it back up until i have mine done.

wish i'd gotten a better look over the weekend. As of now I don't have any plans to make it back up until i have mine done.

The best part of having you rig is being able to copy DSI's work. He just did some creative reworking of a trans mount that looks like yours. It allowed him to move his drivetrain down some too. Its in his thread on pirate.

The best part of having you rig is being able to copy DSI's work. He just did some creative reworking of a trans mount that looks like yours. It allowed him to move his drivetrain down some too. Its in his thread on pirate.

He will not be able to drop **** down with that thick ass tranny pan. Mid-plate is not needed but like MAll'er said do some work on that foot style adapter possibly a peice up the back side with 2 bolts that mount it horizontally giving 4 bolts total than small plate back to the atlas. grabbing some of the cover bolts. DO NOT put on a rear atlas support or you will break your tranny housing.

He will not be able to drop **** down with that thick ass tranny pan. Mid-plate is not needed but like MAll'er said do some work on that foot style adapter possibly a peice up the back side with 2 bolts that mount it horizontally giving 4 bolts total than small plate back to the atlas. grabbing some of the cover bolts. DO NOT put on a rear atlas support or you will break your tranny housing.

I am dropping the thick ass tranny pan, and i've ordered a stock depth one from summit already. same deal with the thick ass oil pan, i got a kevko low profile one.:awesomework:

I have sold the support ring to the guy who bought the old chassis. So it's no longer in my vocabulary:awesomework:

I'll see what i can whip up to create more attachment points on the trans mount.:beer:

went ahead and re arranged the mount, i'm going to make the bottom peice once i get it in the car and see how things line up.:awesomework: Thanks Bunk for helping me with the mill work on the mount.:awesomework: I owe you one.:beer:

DSCN1784.jpg

DSCN1786.jpg

DSCN1793.jpg

DSCN1794.jpg

DSCN1795.jpg

DSCN1798.jpg

You know what you should do? You should put the thing on the thing......idiot!:rolleyes: If you don't, it WILL fall off.

my .02

I don't have my axles or links ready to go in so i'm held up on going anywhere until then, hence i'm dicking around with this other stuff until i can get the axles done. My plan is this:

1)take 2" off the short side of my front housing, and rotate the knuckles 15*

2)get my rear housing tomorrow and see what i need to get it ready for link mounts

3) get my links

4)install links and weld on link mounts and shock mounts to the axles, get the car sitting at full bump with shocks on.

5)install engine and tranny

6)install atlas

7)make another plan and keep working

:awesomework:

Why do you say this?

ok a little Lesson in common sense for everyone here. you support the motor from the front. You support the tranny in the middle. than you go behind it and support it again. your doing this in a tubecar that will have some flex... and that you smash into ****. So if you hit in the middle of your skidplate hard in the middle your tranny tries to go up. Cast aluminum is not a "flexy" as one might think so it is firmly held in the rear and in the front and you "BEND" in the middle guess what happens? Yup you guessed it. New tranny for you because you blow out the top of the tranny housing right by where the adapter goes. If you want to giv the t-case extra support do not attach it to a seperate place on the chassis but back into the tranny mount forward that way it can move and flex. Make sense? We had another vendors chassis come in that had that design and his broke so we had to redesign the tranny mount to keep it from harms way. so yes in the fiel expirence and the fact 50+ cars without the extra support ring not having issues.

Got some super pimp Bunk Links tonight:D, 2" lowers and 1.5" uppers, 7075 aluminum. If you need links, tie rods, drag links, mini tie rods, anything. Talk to Bunk, he will hook you up for sure. Aluminum or Chromoly:awesomework:

The only thing holding me back right now is my axles.:masturbanana[1]: