• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Back to square one.......

You know this.......you're over thinking it.

Do want to be an actual wheeler or just a wheeler fabricator?

Ford / Chevy

Crawling / Racing

Black / White

Boy / Girl

Meh......whatever!

You're buggy will never be "right".......just as long as you have fun with it, right?

I'm very guilty of this...:eeek:

Made my mind on the axles, looking to place an order on some peices for them tomorrow, should be making progress soon. :fawkdancesmiley:

Made my mind on the axles, looking to place an order on some peices for them tomorrow, should be making progress soon. :fawkdancesmiley:

Sure....:rolleyes:Better spray that chassis down with some WD40 so it doesnt rust.:fawkdancesmiley::redneck:

going with good old Dana 44's since it'll be a light buggy, and a stock engine. Alloy shafts. full width, low steer, and hydro assist..:fawkdancesmiley:

no really, Almost ordered, was too late today.

ProRock Centers, 3.25" x .5" tubes turned down to 3.125" for the housings, and turned down to 3" for the knuckles. I'll have a 2.25" ID same as a 3" x3/8" spider tube so i can use the spidertrax seals.

Spidertrax from there out. 1550 knuckles, FF rear. 8 lug, unit bearings, spidertrax brakes. CV shafts, I won't need more than 42* steering.(why 1550 then you ask?)

With the 1550 spider knuckles, i can run any shafts i want, and if i want more steering later the doors open. Fabricated steering arms, welded to the knuckles, no coilover interferance like a BJ, but not a BJ.

I'm going to get the housings, tubes, flanges, knuckles, and bearings for now, then get brakes, and shafts later when i get more $$ and actually need them.

How's that?

ETA unknown yet. Only thing i know is the unit bearings are backordered 2 weeks, but i can get going without them for now.

Plan A is to be done by december, plan b is january, plan c is before feb 6th ish.

I would've gone all spider 9's but the cost of mega high9, beef, tube selection, and 9" ARB, made me pick the 60, and a prorock is so close to a 9 in clearance, it's not a factor i felt made a big difference. Not to mention i have 2 new 60 arb's.

Rock Jocks sounded good, but the american made ones are the same price as a prorock, and i don't like the link mount on the cover, or a truss you have to remove to remove the cover. The skid plate on the bottom is cool, but is negated by the hokey(in my mind) link mount. Sure it's worked but oh well. Atleast i made my damn mind.

Nice choice on the axles! Certainly with a couple ARB's settin around, **** why not. Bicthin dimple dies(not that you will need go fast holes with that LQ)
got to have em:awesomework: Take your time Clark, your going to work on it all winter anyways right? :cool:

hey clark, i should be able to make it out in the next couple days to help you out with some stuff. i've just been crazy busy and crazy broke lol.

:haha::mad:

Pro rock hp 60 are not very strong in a rear app. I would run spidertrax 60 knuckles with their axle shafts. the best bang for the buck( I have 50deg of steering with mine). I would stay away from cv 60 shafts!!!!!!!!!!

Pro rock hp 60 are not very strong in a rear app. I would run spidertrax 60 knuckles with their axle shafts. the best bang for the buck( I have 50deg of steering with mine).

50? you have 100 degrees:D Did you ever run an ARB? or just detroit/spool? you had any diff problems?

LOL:fawkdancesmiley: Don't worry money, i only have til tomorrow morning to change my mind again:awesomework: