• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Back to square one.......

TC fj is 41.5" long

TC CJ 39.5 long

TC TJ stock length whatever that is. but only 50" wide

Did you cut down a large FJ for yours Pook?

Got some more progress done, shortened up the shifters to make them within reach with a harness on, and finished the seat mounts, made a lower radiator mount, ended up just getting some spidertrax steering arms now that i have the room.

I also put back the accessories to check for clearance to the rad, it's tight, and i'm going to have to mod the radiator outlets to angle up a little but should all work out good, just need to see how a steering ram and the hood fit into the equasion, but mail moves slow during the holidays.

DSCN2500.jpg

DSCN2519.jpg

DSCN2521.jpg

DSCN2522.jpg

DSCN2524.jpg

DSCN2525.jpg

DSCN2528.jpg

DSCN2532.jpg

DSCN2535.jpg

DSCN2536.jpg

Last edited:
Clark, I am not familiar with the tranny shield. It looks like it keeps some heat down but whats with the strap. I assume that serves as a tranny mount. Is it a scatter shield? Sick lookin stuff, could you elaborate a little:awesomework:

lookin good man, now that im jobless again ill have to cruise out and check it out/lend a hand. :awesomework::beer:

Looks like the hood is gonna have to sit very high. good choice with using spidertrax steering arms.

the hammers is a 50/50 right now. I plan to make it there with or without the rig though. As for the hood fitment i will know tonight when i go to the shop, i just got home to see it in my livingroom!!:smokey:

the hammers is a 50/50 right now. I plan to make it there with or without the rig though. As for the hood fitment i will know tonight when i go to the shop, i just got home to see it in my livingroom!!:smokey:

:flipoff: if it doesn't work I will use it and give you mine

Looks like it will fit well, and about 5-6" lower than in the picture, but i didn't have the balls to cut it up, i'm going to sleep on it, and quadruple check everything tomorrow before i get to hacking! :redneck:

Any advice from you guys who already cut yours? I notice most people's holes are huge compared to what i have planned.

DSCN2537.jpg

DSCN2541.jpg

DSCN2542.jpg

DSCN2551.jpg

DSCN2552.jpg