• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Balance beads

jeeppoor

I am re centering some h1 rims. And I know they will not even be close to being balance. So I was thinking about getting some balance beads like they use in the big rig tires. Anyone have experience with them?

I have used golf balls in a set of 39's with great success. I had balance beads in 35's on my DD and they didnt do anything. Had all kinds of wheel hop and vibration in the steering wheel etc. Had to take the tires in have the beads removed and balanced with hard weights. That being said if your combination only has vertical balance issues then beads and such will work, if you have lateral balance issues they wont work

I tried balance beads in a set of 37s. They were awful, actually made the balancing worse. According to several people I spoke with, balance beads are designed to work at higher pressures than what we usually run in an offroad tire.

I tried balance beads in a set of 37s. They were awful, actually made the balancing worse. According to several people I spoke with, balance beads are designed to work at higher pressures than what we usually run in an offroad tire.
higher speeds as well. They wont work at speeds below 45 or so in a large tire.

I ran BBs for probably 15 years but switched to airsoft when I got new tires about 18 months ago. As mentioned above, the BBs are very noisy when slowing to about 10 mph as they fall down on the top of the rim.

Latest posts