• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired Ball joint 60 parts

C

Cole

Need Knuckles, brakes, spindles , calipers for a HP 60 Ford Ball joint axle. Not looking to spend a whole lot of money.

I'd go JY parts for all of those except the hubs. If you have to go Reid (dedenbear or something for a an inner "C" or knuckle thats a pretty high expense, but then again I dont see you plating a stock knuckle to hold up.

If I was doing it.
Stock "Inner" C, stock plated Knuckle, Spidertrax or Branik Hubs, and stock brake caliper and disk. Then whatever is the cheapest drive flange you can find.
The nice thing about stock you can get them at any parts store. The high $ hubs just make life EASY!!!

This axle is for my truck not the buggy. It will be a project that takes time just trying to gather parts.
I already have the axle just need the rest of the parts.

Cole said:
This axle is for my truck not the buggy. It will be a project that takes time just trying to gather parts.
I already have the axle just need the rest of the parts.

Cole thats awesome. I always, I mean always wish I would have straight axles my 2002 on day one vs. trying the IFS lift. The up front cost was just so much, but over the long run, I spent 3x's that in Pitmans, Idlers, CV's Tierods, and alignments. That is awesome. Get some!

I'd still rock the unit bearings though. They are beef, and so easy to maintain (zero maintenance loller.gif)

I would prolly do unit bearing style due to the ease of maint. Although they are a lttle more pricey. Still something Cole can replace without any problems if it goes out.

blacksheep10 said:
you are just bj, not unit bearing right? 98 and down or 99 up?
I have a 60 front for sale, both a kingpin and a BJ. never listed the bj I guess. how much you want in a complete one from trac bar to ****ing ubolts? :woody:

Right its just Ball joint. I thought about going to Unit bearings but not sure how to go about doin it. Will the dodge stuff work on a Ford housing? How much you want for that axle? I am not looking to spend a whole lot.

you know I have no idea if the 99 up stuff swaps on the 98 and down axle. never have tried. now that I think of it though, I do have a set of axles out of a super duty for sale. I don't remember the gears.
For my BJ front, I'm not sure yet. I have that one and the KP and one. I have chromos and need to decide which one I want in my new buggy. KP or BJ.
****, for that matter, there's a KP 60 hp with 4.10's in the FS right now for $700. I doubt my BJ would be cheaper than that.