• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Banshee Build

TMFabrication

I figured I'd post my quad build here too since there are a couple of good ones going so far....waiting for dyno numbers on that YFZ:awesomework:

Started with the typical 01 Banshee with pipes

2010-11-09%2013.01.23.jpg

Sent the frame, pipes and assorted bracketry to Pacific Performance Coatings here in Everett. I would recommend them..good prices and fast turn around.

2010-11-23%2014.22.44.jpg

I got a great deal on a bunch of LSR and Elka stuff from a ATV salvage yard on ebay...stage 3 piggybacks fronts and remote res rear, +2+1 front arms, +2 swingarm, +2 rear axle and all the billet goddies on it

2010-11-26%2017.51.49.jpg

2010-11-27%2017.48.55.jpg

2010-11-27%2017.49.43.jpg

Got a trip to the dunes in January, then the motor is coming back out to get built. This is a sand only bike...I got a YZ450F for the woods.

This is the next project, 04 YFZ 125 (144). 44.9HP to the wheels on race gas and about 285lbs. You can imagine what the powerband is like....a light switch:awesomework:

downloadfile-8.jpeg

I like the blue :;

Weather has been so crappy i havent even got to break that YFZ in yet. Probly this spring then Ill get it on the dyno :awesomework:

Last edited:
Sweet pictures.....

I had to take a second look at the 450 at first until I read the line about putting a yz125 motor in it. Must be a pumped up motor then huh?

not to be a **** but why waste time with a 125 motor in that bike?

****er on NOS or run or uranium or sumtin?

I dont get it? Most 450s will kill a 250r and a 250r will whooop on a 125.

Maybe fuel economy? or kids bike? :scratchhead:

not to be a **** but why waste time with a 125 motor in that bike?

****er on NOS or run or uranium or sumtin?

I dont get it? Most 450s will kill a 250r and a 250r will whooop on a 125.

Maybe fuel economy? or kids bike? :scratchhead:

I was kind of wondering the same thing, that must be one pissed off 125 motor to make that kind of HP. But I would have gone with aa yz250 motor instead of a 125, unless its for a kid or something.

I know your saving some weight over a 4 stroke engine but a 250 motoor probably doesnt weigh much more than that 125.

I bought it from a guy in Portland that built it for his kid. My kid is 7....so he has a couple years before he gets to ride it. Put a 70-90lb kid that can ride on it and it will hold its own. If I was building a YFZ-hybrid, I would use a 250 or banshee motor, but I still thought it was a cool bike and done pretty well...just needs a couple of things to be really nice.

I thought it would make a decent ride for the GF being a 125 and all, but it scares her...looks like she'll have to get a 450.:stirpot:

Last edited:
I bought it from a guy in Portland that built it for his kid. My kid is 7....so he has a couple years before he gets to ride it. Put a 70-90lb kid that can ride on it and it will hold its own. If I was building a YFZ-hybrid, I would use a 250 or banshee motor, but I still thought it was a cool bike and done pretty well...just needs a couple of things to be really nice.

I thought it would make a decent ride for the GF being a 125 and all, but it scares her...looks like she'll have to get a 450.:stirpot:

Would be interested in seeing video of a small kid/person on there racing it vs a stock yfz450 or banshee

Stock '01 never been opened, fmf pipes and toomeys 2-1 air filter for right now. Too many other projects to dig into the motor right now.

Update: got it finished for the January. Probably going back to the thumb throttle, wrist hurt for weeks after 5 days.

2011-01-16%2019.02.19.jpg

I would have to agree, those have always been a poor handling style bike. Even with the power of a 450 she will be able to control it way better. Looks nice though. :awesomework:

Even with all the suspension getting close to dialed in, it still handles like a banshee, just doesn't beat you up so bad:haha: Dirt tires were only for the test ride, paddles are a permanent fixture on it.