• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Barry's

doctordick

Classic American Iron, son.
Has anyone in the B'ham area used Barry's Performance for machine shop work? Opinions on quality of work and price would be appreciated. I'm starting a new engine project and I'm looking for someone to do the machining.

Never heard of them. I've used Engine Rebuilders on Hy11 in Trussville for some small things before. Quick turn around and very fairly priced for what I had done.

Never heard of Barry's. I know a good bit about engine rebuilders.

I use Performance Specialties Inc. Located in Fultondale, AL. Phone # (205) 841-7790

We've always used R&R speed and machine in Huntsville. Dads been using them for about 30 years. Great guys to deal with. Some guys we race with use Competition Engines in Bessemer and have had good luck with them. But all I've had experience with is R&R

I am having my 6.0 being built at Performance Specialties right now and have heard nothing but good things about these two old motor heads. Great guys who like to tell you about their race stories. They got a lot of history and still race themselves. :dblthumb: other than that, I have not heard of Barry's.

CHASMAN9 said:
I am having my 6.0 being built at Performance Specialties right now and have heard nothing but good things about these two old motor heads. Great guys who like to tell you about their race stories. They got a lot of history and still race themselves. :dblthumb: other than that, I have not heard of Barry's.
Glad to hear it. Your engine is definitely in good hands. Rick and Albert are great guys. They built a 400 big block Dodge for me about 7 years ago and now I have a set of heads and an intake there to build a 500+ci big block Dodge in the future.