• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

BB vs SB

How is a bouncer a Ford? You have a Ford Transmission?

I would guess most bouncers use LS based motors. There are a few Fords, but not as many that you hear of. The power/torque curve from modern fuel injected motors is pretty hard to dispute. Reliable too. If I had the money, I would have an LS based buggy :****:

Jbirt said:
Ford body, Ford motor, Ford trans, Ford tcase, would be a Ford bouncer

I am lost. Bouncers are typically buggies designed to go really fast up hills with no worry of damage. Kind of a make it or break it go fast assault. Having a full body makes me think trail rig. Go with a punched out 460. No replacement for displacement is what the old school engine builders will tell you.

Re:

Put a coyote in that thing, there was actually a buggy build floating around somebody was doing just that.

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

I saw that last night, I was going to take my truck and race it in the 38.5 and under class but didn't get it done in time

408 stroker ford! You can make plenty of power with a small block without all the weight of a big block. I vote small block all the way.

It's should start out as 351w based. If you can swing an aftermarket block to support the 4.125(ish) bore then you can make some pretty serious power.

If your budget is telling you to go with a stock block then I suggest stock rods , 302 Pistons and a 3.850 stroke crank for a cheap 393 vs 408. Spend your money where it makes horsepower in the heads/cam.