• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Beadlock bolts

xjmarc

Wannabe Bouncer
What does everyone run for bolts. I know grade 8 is stronger than 5 but 5 can bend whereas 8 just breaks. What would it hurt to run grade 5 since there are 32 of them anyway?

There is not that much of a price difference so I went with gr8 bolts. If you are in north Alabama go by Huntsville fastener and they will fix you up. I did all of my wheels for around 30-40$$ if I remember correctly. That was for Bolts, washers, and nylock nuts .

I've had grade 8 bolts break and bend in my wheels. Getting the bent bolts out can be a royal PITA. If they shear off it's pretty easy to drill them out.

J/Cope79 said:
There is not that much of a price difference so I went with gr8 bolts. If you are in north Alabama go by Huntsville fastener and they will fix you up. I did all of my wheels for around 30-40$$ if I remember correctly. That was for Bolts, washers, and nylock nuts .
That's a Hell of a good price, my bolts,washers and nylock nuts was 68 bucks and some change. I have saw several people run grade 5 and one cracker that was running no-grade.

Anybody ever use boltdepot.com? I can get grade 8 bolts, nuts and washers for 50 bucks shipped, grade 5 cost a little more.

xjmarc said:
Anybody ever use boltdepot.com? I can get grade 8 bolts, nuts and washers for 50 bucks shipped, grade 5 cost a little more.

I used them for my beadlock bolts on the old red buggy. I did all stainless bolts, lock washers and flat washers. Good price and fast shipping.

rogersamurai88 said:
just bought grade 8 bolts (128ea) washers and nuts for $33 at tractor supply
I'll have to check them out but I didn't know you could buy nylon lock nuts in bulk there.

unuzu3yr.jpg