• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Becareful and be safe guys.

P

If its free, its P
My dad lost a friend of 40yrs yesterday afternoon , basically his brother since he graduated high school and a man I have known and loved my entire life. Many of the Paola guys know Steve as well, he was a great guy and a good friend to many people.

He was killed under a vehicle he was working on that had came off a jack or stands or whatever. One of those things as I reflect, we all take for granted. Matter of fact and sadly ironic I got the call yesterday on the way home, started in the house through the garage door as I normally do and sure enough, my own buggy is sitting there on a floor jack with one wheel off , no jackstands . Hell the thing is still sitting there like that right now as I type. I did manage to throw the wheel and tire under the rotor but you get my point.

Steve sold his "house" when I was very little and moved into his shop which he built an apartment in. He raced circle track dirt cars off and on for years with my dad . Was an avid collector of anything obscure and automotive related and has one of the coolest drill presses in the world that had an antique 3speed manual transmission that you could shift and change speeds with. To say he was a gearhead would be putting it lightly. The man lived in his shop.

Please take a moment next time your busting out that project or doing some maintenance to throw those jackstands under the rig and make sure the wheels are choked or whatever it takes to do it safely . We lost a good man and we will dearly miss him.

Rest Easy Steve, I love you.

P

That is very sad to hear P. I feel for his family and friends. Unsure I ever met Steve, since I mroe or less rolled with the flow when I would visit Ptown. He sounds familiar, but then again there are tons of gear heads in that town.

RIP Steve. :'(

I hate to hear that man. I've got a good buddy that just had an accident in his shop to. Rig ran over him while by himself. Still recovering from surgery today. But lucky to me here. It's so easy to think I'll fix it in just no time and do something so simple but so dangerous. Sorry bout your friend and I agree we all need to look out for ourselves and others to keep from more eps like this from happening.

Just like P said Steve was like a brother to Dad and was a big part of our family.

The world lost a great person yesterday. There was a great sigh across the winds of this earth when he left us, but I smile everytime I think of him. I know he is probably trying to find a way to put some kind of gear shifter on the pearly gates.

Rest in Peace Steve you will forever be missed

I love you

Sis