• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

belt # for V8 ZJ?

Lucky Jeff

I need to get rid of the A/C pump. Even though it has a diagram on the shroud that shows a no a/c option. Parts stores only show a belt with a/c. Hoping someone else has done it and has the part number on hand.

I believe Jeff, on these, there's an idler pulley and bracket that takes the place of the A/C compressor...the 4.0L do, but not 100% on the 5.2L...that way they both use the same belt...
EDIT: just checked for a 96ZJ with 5.2L, and there's only one option--25-070890...doesn't even offer wthout a/c...

Last edited:
Not finding a listing for the Grand without a/c on the 5.2. What time do you roll through Renton on your way to/from work. Maybe we can figure something out at the shop.

Yea that's all I've been finding. Can't figure out why Jeep would show otherwise on their little diagram.. Looks like I'll just have to use a piece of string and find something in the same length. I figured I wasn't the only person to not want A/C on the rig..

thats good to know. on the ebay link i checked my cherokee and it said it would fit. i also have a 5.2 zj.