• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Belt grinder.

Lil ugly

Has any one built their own belt grinder on here? I recently purchased a 10" Baldor grinder. It is a 3phase machine. I forget the horsepower at the moment. I intend to change one side over from a stone wheel to either a 2" or 3" x 72" belt system. The cats meow would be a system that let me switch from grinding on the platen to grinding on a 8" wheel or a small wheel. I saw a system like this about a year ago but now I cannot locate the site.

I got this bad boy at a yard sale a few years ago. It works real good. Sorry, I guess this doesn't really help in your situation. It might be a cheaper route than an attachment for your 10" Baldor grinder.
50693821777_4187964bae_b.jpg
50693821897_e45a082aa0_b.jpg

I saw the trick tools site. Didnt want to drop a bunch of coin only to find out that a little research could have saved me some green stuff.
Toyota Tom, have you seen much need for a contact wheel? or is the platen good enough? What you have is something that I can easily build off of my Baldor Grinder. But if Im going to put out the effort I figure I should look at my options.

Latest posts