• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Best 16.5

modifier

I'm still getting up to speed on what the latest technology is for crawlers and bouncers. My buggy was built on 16.5 H1 wheels. I see a lot of people like the crawl specific sticky tires that are out there. The Maxxis seems to be the favorite, but no one seems to make a sticky tire in 16.5. What are the favorite tires people use if saddled with 16.5? Some day I might have to go to 17s but for now....

Super Swamper made 42" "sticky" Irocs in a 16.5" for a while.

Best bet is to buy 17" wheels and run 39"/37" crawlers. Cause there are only two types of tires on this plant.........BFG Red label Crawlers and Free. If they don't say BFG you better have gotten them for free is what I say!

it would be well worth it to buy 17s and invest in a set of krawlers or treps :****:

my krawlers are the most expensive item on my new buggy and by far the most important IMO

onetoncrawler said:
it would be well worth it to buy 17s and invest in a set of krawlers or treps :****:

my krawlers are the most expensive item on my new buggy and by far the most important IMO
Spill the beans on your new rig! :flipoff1:

smurfy90 said:
Chris, As I was building that buggy everybody told me ''that thing would be saaaweeeet on a set of 39 reds" I wouldn't know :****: Ive owned a set but never drove on them.

http://www.hardlinecrawlers.com/forums/index.php?topic=30164.0

I know what you mean Kevin, the 42s look right. About the only reason I would want to go to a smaller tire is to reduce unsprung weight. Bigger tires roll over stuff better.

greenlion said:
Find me a set!

Call Interco and see if they have any. If they do, you can order direct or get one of the vendors here to order for you.