• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Best all around go fast RC for offroad

sucmah

Hi guys,

I go to the sand dunes quite a bit and when we are hanging out in camp it would be fun to have an RC to rip around with. I was wondering what the best all around have fun 4x4 rc would be? And i dont want to spend more than $500.

Thanks,

nitro or electric?

The savage 4.6 is a good basher truck, but it'll put you over the $500 mark easy by the time you get support equipment

Last edited:
If you want a go fast car.. check out teh HPI savage RTR..
its 500 bucks. (plus fuel, ect.)

its fast as hell, and tough, i ran mine into a light pole at about 35 mph. and its still alive, parts are easy to get.

ok yankee, just ordered the damn big block thingy. It says i will need a glow gizmo and a flat battery pack and charger. WTF are they talking about and where is the best online place to get em?

you need a glow plug ingnitor. this is what is used to light the Glow plug to get it started.
The flat battery pack is the same 7.2V battery pack used for eletric cars. its for the starter.
Download the manual off that site and see what else is required. it should explain it and give some part numbers

My savage is nearly indistructable..
BUT, make sure you be patient and go through the break in process. It will be in the manual.

I have got the 4.6 Savage..... THIS THING KICKS ASS!!!!

I thrash on it almost every day. I think I have only broken maybe $100 worth of stuff in the last month and a half.

I have NEVER been able to thrash a truck like this one. It survived 3 differn't skate parks this weekend and only broke 1 control arm... $11

:awesomework:

I thrash on it almost every day. I think I have only broken maybe $100 worth of stuff in the last month and a half.

I have NEVER been able to thrash a truck like this one. It survived 3 differn't skate parks this weekend and only broke 1 control arm... $11

I used to live next door to a skatepark. if not a racer that is the best thrashin there is! all the kids will clear out just to watch too!:beer:

ya, mine take a serious beating.. I got an entire control arm kit for only 18 bucks. so lots of spares.