• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Best ifs setup for wheeling

FastEddy

Parted my built Toyota, as It became more of strictly a wheeler. Bought an 86 4 runner all stock for hunting which sometimes requires wheeling! Want a rear locker, winch, bumpers and sliders.I want enough room to run 33s without rubbing or breaking all the brackets on a 4 inch lift kit. So should I go 2 inch body lift, or ball joint spacers and t bars, and a rear 1.5 in block. Throw some recipes at me:redneck:

Its like total chaos, cool kit but to much money. I would like to stay as close to stock as possible lookin for input on ball joint spacers most liely the route im going

i'd put couple inch trail gear shackles in the rear, no blocks. I have heard bad thingd about the b.j. spacers but not sure what, as none of those people are running them.

Body lift and spare axles.... crank the torsions and spare axles.... or cut it up and spare axles. Grab a spare rack and pinion too.

Balljoint spacers up front, AAL for the rear springs, and a one inch body lift will be cheap, let you run 33's with minimal rubbing, and still keep it close to stock. The BJ spacers have an issue with stock rim backspacing and the tires will rub with 33x12.5. If you run 33x10.5 they usually only rub if you air down.

Yea going to need some spare cvs probably, hope not though! going to attempt to not beat the ever living piss out of it. I figure staying away from a front locker and having a winch I'll be alright. Not sure on cranking t bars though still want some cushion doing fifty doom gravel

Just take your front D line out, youll never break a cv axle, i promise! :awesomework:
And cut that **** up! You will get 1 summer out of this thing before it looks like your other one, especially since your gunna try to take taht thing everywhere we go. :redneck:
Im thinking about a night run this weekned up to tinkam before i build my bed, i figure its the best shot i have at not getting pulled over and its gunna start dumping snow starting tomorrow night! :D