• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Best in the West 2012

toyotabeau

Hey Guys and Gals......

I have locked up some dates for the new Best in the West 2012 series. The dates are going to be : April 15, May 6th, June 17, July 15, Aug 12, Sept 9. Im thinking the last round will be a 2hr endurance race, I have till the flyers go to print to decide. lol.:D I will be looking for a little help this year on setting up the courses, organising the races, and trail recovery. let me know if you can be at every event and help me out in trade for some trail and park time...... please pm me with any ideas or concerns. Otherwise FIX YER JUNK AND GET ER OUT TO STRADDLELINE!!!!!

Last edited:
FIX YER JUNK AND GET ER OUT TO STRADDLELINE!!!!!

How did you know??!??!?

I'll be happy to assist with recover at any race I attend. Assuming I haven't wrecked my junk on your courses :D. I also have back-hoe/eqipment experance (no pro, but familular) so I'm not afraid to hop on. Just grab me when I'm there and ask.

-mark

my only concern is making sure my rig can make everyone of those races:redneck:.

The 1 race i participated in the course was brutally awesome and I want you to keep that way :awesomework:

The thoughts thats been in the back of mind is are you still seperating buggy class from stock-mod? If so what are the requirements for stock-mod?

my only concern is making sure my rig can make everyone of those races:redneck:.

The 1 race i participated in the course was brutally awesome and I want you to keep that way :awesomework:

The thoughts thats been in the back of mind is are you still seperating buggy class from stock-mod? If so what are the requirements for stock-mod?
Beau can give a real answer, but my understanding is it was more "trail junk" vs "buggy".

If it looks like a small-tired, trailbeater, = "stock mod". If it started as tube, or is just plain mostly tube now = buggy. Tire size I think played in as well. I don't think he had any firm and set rules (yet).

I do know that in the last race, I guy showed up in a heavily modified mud-truck, but it was still small on like 31's. He was put in the "big" class cause his truck was so modified, but in no way could or should have to compete with 40+ plus tired buggies. About 1/2 way through I approached Beau, with the support of some of the other "stock mod" guys and basically said 'if that guy wants to be in stock mod with us, we have no problem'. Beau agreed but the guy shot his radiator right after that so it became a moot point.

I would like to think that if there becomes enough participant, a couple classes grow out of it to lump similar rigs together. Based on over-all build style, tire size etc.

Beau can give a real answer, but my understanding is it was more "trail junk" vs "buggy".

If it looks like a small-tired, trailbeater, = "stock mod". If it started as tube, or is just plain mostly tube now = buggy. Tire size I think played in as well. I don't think he had any firm and set rules (yet).

I would like to think that if there becomes enough participant, a couple classes grow out of it to lump similar rigs together. Based on over-all build style, tire size etc.

agreed. Watching the last race of 2011 this is kinda how i determined stock-mod/buggy class seperation in my mind. Sounds about the right way to organize it.

you know u can count on us bein out there to help again this year.... :awesomework:... just got to not party sooo hard night before.... :redneck:

Do you guys have your requirements posted anywhere? I'd love to come compete this year, last years pictures and video were awesome.

might be nice to have some monitors spread out to make sure competetors stay on the course.....not that any of us would do that:fawkdancesmiley:

would love to run the course again. i had a blast last time.

Do you guys have your requirements posted anywhere? I'd love to come compete this year, last years pictures and video were awesome.

from last year sure not much changing this year.....

1427rl5.png

Is this the same 3 races series posted by Crewchif earlier? Im gonna try and make the one that was going to be held on september 22-23 in Columbus, Mt area. Wild West 100 I think.

DOT approved tires only? WTF?

Geting all the current rules soon would be helpful. Thanks.

Last edited:
Is this the same 3 races series posted by Crewchif earlier? Im gonna try and make the one that was going to be held on september 22-23 in Columbus, Mt area. Wild West 100 I think.
No. Crewchif's stuff was in Montana if I remember correctly. I would love to his some of those but the distance is just too far in this crappy economy. I do have a buddy that runs them so it would be fun to race against him. Buae's are held at Straddleline.

DOT approved tires only? WTF?
I know that one is not enforced. Probably to eliminate tractor tires or the like that aren't designed for this activity. Red-Label Krawlers I know are fine.

Geting all the current rules soon would be helpful. Thanks.
Like Oly, I suspect they aren't going to change much. From my experience last year (right now) its pretty much a "run-what-you-brung" kind of thing. As long as its safe and not a total pile of crap and has the basic safety requirements you'd see at just about any event. Helmet, Harness (or seat-belt if your more of a street rig), fire extinguisher, battery secured = ready to run!

might be nice to have some monitors spread out to make sure competetors stay on the course.....not that any of us would do that:fawkdancesmiley:

would love to run the course again. i had a blast last time.

more importantly to have spotters in case something bad happens and a driver needs help.

Hey Guys and Gals......

I have locked up some dates for the new Best in the West 2012 series. The dates are going to be : April 8, May 6th, June 17, July 15, Aug 12, Sept 9.

April 8th is Easter... NOT a good choice for a lot of folks.

Just saying. Might be better to move it up a week if you can.