• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Best in the West 2012

Not much in the way of pics. Too busy wrenching :booo: Should have gotten the still camera out.

But:
Before with its brand-new quarter skins!:
DSCN2057.sized.jpg

AFTER :redneck:
DSCN2059.sized.jpg

the rear quarter is an optical illusion. Got a little tweaked at the bottom, but not bent like the picture shows.... I think :eek:

PS, props to Bunk for t-boning me when I beat him to the corner... my sheetmetal thanks you :D

PS, props to Bunk for not t-boning me when I beat him to the corner... my sheetmetal thanks you :D

Wish i had a go pro so you could see how close i was to hitting you on 4 different occasions. Not counting the top of the hill...Good times:awesomework:

why do you think I let you pass (or tried to) after the start/finish line. I really thought you'd go over the tires which would have allowed you to pass me. If I hadn't lost the tire I would have let you by as soon as was convinate. I may be an a-hole, but I'm not that much of a **** :redneck:

Good times. Hopefully I can reign in the handling on my rig and really start putting it down.

Oh ya, and BIG props to Bunk and Mr. Blue for the JB water-weld and the stop leak to band-aid the radiator. And to the other guy's who's name I didn't get that loaned me the jumper cables. With Birdbrain's help we were able to patch the POS together and atleast ATEMPT to make the 2nd and 3rd race. And thanks to Buea for letting me borrow his UTV to get the spare and not have to lug it all the way back. :awesomework:

BTW, a 1/2 dismounted tire filled with that slimy, SLOPPPY **** they call mud out there is about 200# heavier than is should be :eek:

No prob Mark, good to see ya at least get to run somemore.

Where's the pics Dobber? Nice to meet ya and wife as well.

Oh ya, and BIG props to Bunk and Mr. Blue for the JB water-weld and the stop leak to band-aid the radiator. And to the other guy's who's name I didn't get that loaned me the jumper cables. With Birdbrain's help we were able to patch the POS together and atleast ATEMPT to make the 2nd and 3rd race. And thanks to Buea for letting me borrow his UTV to get the spare and not have to lug it all the way back. :awesomework:

BTW, a 1/2 dismounted tire filled with that slimy, SLOPPPY **** they call mud out there is about 200# heavier than is should be :eek:

And i pulled most of that mud out! Haha

Give me a call anytime if you need/want a hand man! And let me know about the next race, looks like I convinced the girl to wear a bikini top even :haha:

Yes thanks awesome pictures.:awesomework: you can tell the difference from someone who knows what they are doing behind the camera:cool:

DSC_0438.jpg

right click save as....

wow in the unedited album there are tons of really good pictures.....:D

Last edited:
DSC_0125.jpg

Hard to believe that this is a blue buggy!!

I'm pretty bummed I wasn't able to make it to this race... I did drive-by at 3:30pm, but after a 4 hour flat repair I thought it was best to just get home and unpack from camping... Next race, I'll be there!

Congratulations Hip and all the other winners and placers!!

First, BIG thanks to Lisa Marthe-Smith for taking a ton of awesome photos, and then sharing them.

From her photobucket via Facebook via Best-in-the-West's Facebook:

This if from Bunk and I's race (pretty sure I killed my rim and hence lost the tire shortly after this). From anyone that was there, is that tire smoke or other? Pretty sure it was tire smoke as I laid on it at first, but want to make sure I don't have other issues I need to worry about.

DSC_0319.jpg

DSC_0318.jpg

During the head of the race I don't notice things like this, plus the limited vision with the helmet....

Some nice pics in the photobucket.
hmmm, and i can't seem to figure out why my frame appears to be bent into a frown :D That I know is steam. This was from my first race when the radiator got smashed not to long after the start. The steering column came out of its mounts on this landing and we pulled over after the whoops as it was just too hard to steer. Good thing to as it was then that we found the radiator.

In retrospect, if I was able to fix the column faster, I should have finished this race and probably would have placed :D I think the truck would have held, but it would have been close.

DSC_0185.jpg

DSC_0186.jpg

you were spinning you tires pretty good for a few seconds as you were hung up, you backed off a little, steered a little, and tires bit and you were offf again. i do believe i heard the air go out as you were exiting the rockpile:redneck:

SO can someone explain the points system to me?

could we get a points standing as we are now?

what can we expect for the final endurance run.....two hours?

on the same course?

how many vehicles on the course at once?