• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Best in the West 2012

I'm still laid up for this weekend. The July 15th weekend is my goal. I've reviewed the rules and will get my rig ready. Couple questions...

So do we basically come out Saturday and play around/prerun the course, camp out Saturday night and race Sunday?

What kind of speeds are you guys hitting on the course during the race? Just want to get an idea.

on the back up hill straight, i turn up to about 4500rpm in hi gear low range which calculates out to around 50.

on the back up hill straight, i turn up to about 4500rpm in hi gear low range which calculates out to around 50.
While I can't say what Barry's been doing, I rarely got signifigantly into 3rd gear, and if so not much. Using the handy calculators, even at 4K on the tach, low range, 3rd gear I would only be doing about 40, maybe 50 if I take it up to 5K (were the limiter kicks in). Even I do hit that its for VERY short bursts, like 1-2 seconds. The course is just too short/twisty for that.

What is your concern Horus?

Not enough gear, too much tire. :D

Actually, if they are staying under 50 I should be perfect. Mine is t-case 2.79 to 4.56 on 38s. Not concerned so much as curious really. The rig is a Grand Cherokee Limited with leather and power everything, my sunny day driver. If I can race I'd have to run in the Unlimited class.

I've been watch the reports from these events. Really want to get out there and play.

I will be there hopefully early afternoon. Hit the skid hard and cracked a weld in the oilpan at goldendale, Liquid metal epoxy is holding so far:cheer::cheer::cheer: Eric and Matt will be there tomorrow too, so bonfire and beers it is!

I'm questionable. Cooling system is all back together, front sheet metal is back aligned, even swapped in new front springs, replaced the bent radius arm "new" shafts and new joints, even swapped out the Scout outers for GM/Ford internal spline stuff....

Unfortunately something is VERY pissed in the motor. Could be starter, I'm hoping its starter. I swapped it with another one I had but that didn't change. I got a couple ideas for first thing in the morning and if those don't work its either and emergency motor swap or bagging the whole thing and not dealing with the stress and the abandonment of my family.

We'll see.

I'm questionable. Cooling system is all back together, front sheet metal is back aligned, even swapped in new front springs, replaced the bent radius arm "new" shafts and new joints, even swapped out the Scout outers for GM/Ford internal spline stuff....

Unfortunately something is VERY pissed in the motor. Could be starter, I'm hoping its starter. I swapped it with another one I had but that didn't change. I got a couple ideas for first thing in the morning and if those don't work its either and emergency motor swap or bagging the whole thing and not dealing with the stress and the abandonment of my family.

We'll see.

ahh, just buckle down and dominate that last minute motor swap! it'll be funnnn. :awesomework:

thats what i did. lol. ( edit: still doing)

i wont be there till sunday morning, i dont want the secret weapon to get out......:fawkdancesmiley: yall are gonna be jealous.:D

i wont be there till sunday morning, i dont want the secret weapon to get out......:fawkdancesmiley: yall are gonna be jealous.:D
Nitros? :redneck:

offroad.gif

Loaded and ready to go.... amazingly.

Starter, 2 new brake hoses, tire plug and a bunch of little odds and ends later. Oh, and an alternator in a box and a spare battery, cause I think my alt took a crap too.

Not going to make it. :booo:

We worked until now (2AM) and still can't get the track bar bracket done with the hydro steer on it.

Bummer cause I wanted to race.

Bonus because I will be able to take my daughter to the zoo on fathers day. :awesomework:

i had fun today.

the odds were just not in my favor this week and my truck fought me until the last minute and could not make it out

i want to give a huge thanks to brent for offering his buggy to me to race for points. :awesomework: :awesomework:

Had a ton of fun out there today!! Nice to meet more new people, and thank you to Dobber and Mark for the air and the tire plugs. Hope to see you guys at the next one, and thanks to Bo for putting on an awesome event :awesomework:

Yes it was fun, and for those asking this time i did turn on the GPS/Speedo and my co dog said he saw 42 on the long straight road and 41 on the downhill. i was too scared to look as i was busy.

the secret weapon did work amazing well. it kept a lot of mud out of the cab and most importantly off the steering wheel:awesomework:

My front end sits three inches to the driver side:eeek:

havent looked yet as there is too much mud. i will have it cleaned and inspected tonight after work.

Cant wait too see Lisa's pictures.:cheer: