• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Best in the West 2012

I have had the popping out of gear issue with both of the twin sticked 20s I have had. when we built the current one we shimmed the detents and put in new stronger springs. same issues so I also run the bungee cord on the low range rear wheel drive shifer which is where the jeep spends most of its time anyway (low range two wheel)

I have had the popping out of gear issue with both of the twin sticked 20s I have had. when we built the current one we shimmed the detents and put in new stronger springs. same issues so I also run the bungee cord on the low range rear wheel drive shifer which is where the jeep spends most of its time anyway (low range two wheel)

ha i actually recently improoved my design. i made a little bar that i can easily while strapped in reach. it fits between my seat bar and the shifter lever semi snug and wont allow it to pop out as it physically holds it from poping out. it does allow for the natural slight movement due to mounts and flex, if i need to do a front did i can reach it to pull it up do the dig then put it back. little bar with two U like ends...:redneck:

My old D300 didn't have the issue much, every once in a while with the right combination of down hill, accel and decel unloading.

This D20 (in single stick form) hasn't done this till just now. I need to look for physical issues first, till then I'll make it work however I can.

Bungee cords are to "high tech". This is a Scout remember, it will probably be getting bailing wire :haha:

I ran my first one for several years then one day at the top of five fingers it decided to pop out causing me a very nasty rollover (5) down the hill and totaling my cj-5 :booo: I keep the bungie there now.

at 3:07 redifines rock crawling to rock jumping.....holy crap did anything break after that leap?

SO.... does anyone know what the different entry fees are for the endurance race at monroe adventure park?

Pro and amateur? i thought we were all amateurs? what does the 100% pro payback mean?

Beau:hi:

SO.... does anyone know what the different entry fees are for the endurance race at monroe adventure park?

Pro and amateur? i thought we were all amateurs? what does the 100% pro payback mean?

Beau:hi:
$50 for "amateur" - typically means trophies only.
$75 for "pro" - 100% payback means 1st place gets 100% of their entry fee back. In this case $75. I don't know how Beau is working it, but I know W.E.Rock typically has a payback of one place for every 3 or 4 entries (i.e. if only 3 people race in a class, only 1st gets money, if 6 people race then 1st and 2nd, 9 people = 1st, 2nd & 3rd etc.). I think the lower places get less prize money.

Thats the way I took it.

when is that race supposed to be? Do we have 1 or 2 more at straddleline

It looks like there are two more at Straddline if the endurance race is somewhere else. Next race is the 15th of July and I on being there. I've gotta buy a helmet, a smaller fire extinguisher and change the front pump seal in the transmission. Then I'll be ready to race my junk.

when is that race supposed to be? Do we have 1 or 2 more at straddleline

It looks like there are two more at Straddline if the endurance race is somewhere else. Next race is the 15th of July and I on being there.

July 15th at Straddleline
August 12th at Straddleline
September 9th - 2 hour endurance at Monroe Adventure Park

Atleast that's what I have written down.

I've gotta buy a helmet, a smaller fire extinguisher and change the front pump seal in the transmission. Then I'll be ready to race my junk.

I've been having good luck with an "old" motor-cross helmet at got for free from a friend. Protects my noggin and the visor over the top seems to help with mud and spray, especially compared to some of the guys I've seen come back with the full-face units... they need windshield wipers :redneck:. I just wear standard safety-classes under it to protect my eyes.

I would recommend getting a neck-brace. If you order one now you should be able to have one by race time. I'm pretty sure my neck would be sore as hell afterwards without the one I wear, and they are cheap.

So sent my head to machine shop after i got the port work all done. I wanted to get it there before i went on vacation last week so i could slam it together today. I got back today and bad news, heads cracked :mad:

So i will be missing this weekend and i got roped into the girls plans over the one in August. But i will be at the monroe event hell or high water.

Good luck to you guys this weekend! Break some parts for me :redneck:

Wow, going to be a small group this time.. maybe? I'll be there, but I'll be missing the August one :boooo:

Should be our first "dry" track as well.... I don't know if we'll know how to race on it :redneck: My rugs back up and running as of last weekend, but i didn't get to do some finishing touches and some good shake-down time this week like I wanted, so today its finish up time and load up for racing tomorrow!!!

Don't forget DIRT RIOT on Aug 3-4. At Monroe. Should be a good taste of what Beau will have in mind for us on the 9th :eek: (except Beau's races are cheaper :awesomework:)