• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Best powder coating shop in southeast?

onetoncrawler

My new chassis will be ready for powder in a month or so and I'm trying to line up a good reputable shop to do the work.

I've heard a lot of good things about Rick's.

I'm in North Alabama so that would be a drive,but I'm willing to do it if needed.

Any suggestions and references would be appreciated.

Looking at a metallic color, probably silver, charcoal gray or black

Thanks

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Ricks does a lot of chassis and all of my powder coat work. Let me know when you get ready if you want some help getting it lined up.

not to derail any but is it worth doing a clear top coat or something to keep a good shine and some fading to a minimum?

Ricks in Memphis done my chassis and its chipping up/coming off it doesn't seem like it was sandblasted good or something. Not really talking trash about his work but if I had a show car and it was doing this I'd be pissed!! And the powder is really thin in spots u can see the metal color underneath. But like I said its a rock buggy so it doesn't really hurt much it's gonna be scratched up anyway.

tommy450r said:
Ricks in Memphis done my chassis and its chipping up/coming off it doesn't seem like it was sandblasted good or something. Not really talking trash about his work but if I had a show car and it was doing this I'd be pissed!! And the powder is really thin in spots u can see the metal color underneath. But like I said its a rock buggy so it doesn't really hurt much it's gonna be scratched up anyway.

Have you called him about it?

SilverStarCustoms said:
Have you called him about it?

No I have not called him but I'm sure if I did he would make it 100% right he seemed like a really good guy. It's not worth me tearing my buggy back down when I'm gonna scrape it off on a rock somewhere down the line no matter what coating is on it. I'm not at all mad about it but it does suck at the same time and if someone was building a show car/buggy it would not be good.

Auto Cycle Powder Coat in Chattanooga did mine im very pleased with it he did put clear over the color

I paid 1000 bucks for my chassis,floor pan,engine cage and my headers ceramic coated. I would not recommend getting the headers coated it cooks off just like paint. And go ahead an spend the money for clear coat it helps a lot with durability and it loos great. I wish I would have had mine cleared!!

I paid $1250 for the chassis and several panels to be done in gloss black. very happy with how it turned out and it's super durable since we took a long tumble and it held up great.

not sure who M&M Offroad uses, but would assume it's not too far from his shop in NC.

Another vote for Auto Cycle here in Chattanooga.

Ive had him do a fair bit of work for me in the past, pricing was always amazing, and he has a new chassis in there for color almost every time I go by.

tommy450r said:
I paid 1000 bucks for my chassis,floor pan,engine cage and my headers ceramic coated. I would not recommend getting the headers coated it cooks off just like paint. And go ahead an spend the money for clear coat it helps a lot with durability and it loos great. I wish I would have had mine cleared!!

thanks ! the headers was my next question! I've been told several people have had mixed results with it.

Daniel,

Pruitts just got powdercoating setup. Maybe give him a call.

Also have used Tennessee Valley Fence (they powdercoat gates and fencing.) They have done alot of resto mod car frames.

Re: Re: Best powder coating shop in southeast?

xjkrawler said:
Daniel,

Pruitts just got powdercoating setup. Maybe give him a call.

Also have used Tennessee Valley Fence (they powdercoat gates and fencing.) They have done alot of resto mod car frames.

Austin's oven is a little too small for mine.

Thanks!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk