• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Best Prices??? New RZR 1K's

NOVI FED COUPE

Alright guys I am in Georgia and I am seriously considering buying a new 1K. I will buy out of state so I can avoid sales tax. Best I have seen so far is a dealer in Chattanooga offering a 2016 1K for $15,700 out the door. Anyone know of any better deals out there???

U won't avoid sales tax for long buying out of state. They will send u a nice letter in the mail informing u on how much u owe. Been there done that.

4byfan said:
U won't avoid sales tax for long buying out of state. They will send u a nice letter in the mail informing u on how much u owe. Been there done that.

Not sure what you mean? I've bought other stuff in the past and never gotten hit for the taxes later. Has something changed? The sxs wont be registered with the state so I dont see how any taxes would be owed.

You will most likely get a bill for the sales tax. It may be a couple of years later but they usually catch it these days. They audit the dealerships and collect the sales info from them to collect tax. The last one for me took about 2 years.

SilverStarCustoms said:
You will most likely get a bill for the sales tax. It may be a couple of years later but they usually catch it these days. They audit the dealerships and collect the sales info from them to collect tax. The last one for me took about 2 years.

What if you have sold it before you get that tax bill?

GT_Buggy said:
What if you have sold it before you get that tax bill?

I had. They don't care. You still pay it. The turbo I bought this year I'm sure I'll be paying tax on it in 1-2 years.

Jack at Bama Buggies Turbo Blue (harnesses free - $200) 2016 $21,489 OTD price no tax if delivered $22,447.60 with tax
$1.5 per mile one way for del

2016 1000 $15,789
http://www.bamapolaris.com/default.asp?page=xNewInventoryDetail&id=1458070&p=1&s=Year&d=D&i=%2Fimglib%2Ftrimsdb%2F3229791-0-12304181.png&t=new&sq=RZR&year=2016&fr=xNewInventory

Basch Bros Blue turbo 2 Seater $22,400 without tax

http://www.baschbros.com/2016-Polaris-Industries-RZR-XP-Turbo-EPS---Velocity-Blue-inventory.htm?ID=22529059&Brand=25&Type=3006

Jacob - Motosportssuper store Turbo $21,735

http://motorsportssuperstore.com/Utility-Vehicles-Polaris-RZR-XP-Turbo-EPS-2016-05ed6da6-ca5b-4a3f-9da1-a51801040956

brand new -1000 $15,349

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot GT. Gonna call Abernathy next week and see if they have any hidden fees. I did talk to motor sports superstore Friday. I would think 14,900 is about as cheap as it will get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did anyone call Abernathy to see if they are actually $14,9xx? My brother is looking to buy a 1k, either the Polaris or the Arctic Cat, depending on what deal he can find. He's gonna call them next week to find out.

I've bought numerous atvs/utvs out of state and I've never paid a dimes worth of sales tax on them in 4 years. I also live in GA. I wonder if it differs state by state.

Re: Re: Best Prices??? New RZR 1K's

bushhog750 said:
I've bought numerous atvs/utvs out of state and I've never paid a dimes worth of sales tax on them in 4 years. I also live in GA. I wonder if it differs state by state.
Do you insure yours ? I think that's where they get the info to tax you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Best Prices??? New RZR 1K's

Bumpers said:
Do you insure yours ? I think that's where they get the info to tax you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
I had 2 of the Atvs insured. Still never got a bill. I don't know anyone personally that has ever gotten one when buying out of state. Me or my father have never received anything and he bought a new RZR in August of 2013 and still hasn't received anything. And I know for a fact his insured. I'm curious to see if other GA residents have ever received one when it was purchased out of state. I'm looking at new Rzrs now and am curious if something has changed. I was always under the impression that buying out of state was much like buying/shopping online where you don't pay sales tax unless you buy from an in state seller. This is purely speculation though.

I'm am getting mixed quotes on tax or no tax for out of state. Some do and some don't charge tax. Had one in AL and one in KY say they had to charge tax. I'm in TN.
In the market for a 1K 4 seat. Pro X is at 19599. Missed another 1k off if I would have bought before the first of the year.

What's some good places in AL and GA to call for prices?

I'm going to Battle Creek in Jasper TN near Chattanooga tomorrow to pick up a brand new Ranger 570 full size. They beat Abernathy's pricing otd for me and was much more concerned over the phone with treating me like a potential customer. Dude I talked to at Abernathy's treated me like a tire kicker just wanting to talk about doing something. Call Battle Creek and ask for Tammy, she is awesome!