• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Best rain gear for NW wheeling?

Get some snowboard gear. It will keep you warm and dry. The pants are great because they have an inner elastic leg that will cinch around your hiking boots. They make lots of good gear. If you get good Gortex type pant's and jacket they are very flexible and won't make you feel like your wheeling in Carhart's(bulky)

I was into mountaineering for awhile and the gear I had transferred right over. Gortex yes.....more specific.....Mountain Hard Wear brand. Spendy, but worth every penny. I where three layers, Patagonia Capilene long underwear, Polyester/Nylon mix pants and shirt and MHW Gortex pants and jacket. I also wear fourth layer, MHW jacket when it's really cold. Layers is the key to staying warm, comfortable and dry. Clothing that wicks moisture is also important. The last thing I recommend is a poncho for when the rain doesn't let up and your clothing doesn't get a chance to wick away the wet. Also, even though my boots are water proof I wear Rocky brand Gortex socks along with my capilene sock liners and thick wool outers.

This may seem like allot, but I'm never cold, never wet on the inside and always look :cool:

I also bring a shami(sp?) to wipe down my water proof seats. It works GREAT!

:redneck:

Last edited:
KarlVP said:
Seeing as how I'm in the military, I just wear all my Foul weather gear.

Works great and I stay dry and cozy.

Dude, I miss some of that extreem foul weather gear....:cool:

Helly Hansen Highlander rainsuit. I would get the jacket with the neoprene cuffs if I did it again.

Heres an idea, build a cab like a REAL truck :flipoff:

No, actually I usually wear my military gear, snowboard gear, or my motorcycle gear, depends on how much I feel like doing outside. I also have a Helly Hansen jacket, or a Columbia jacket that are both nice, but I need to get myself some TRUE Gortex stuff like my military gear, I just feel stupid wearing the new ACU pattern out in the public :looser:

~T.J.

notstock said:
Helly Hansen Highlander rainsuit. I would get the jacket with the neoprene cuffs if I did it again.

x2 on Helly Hansen. I wear either my helly workwear jacket and carhartt bibs or carhartt jacket and my personal favorite Filson Oilskin. I usually wear the oilskin and carhartt stuff just in the off chance (or good chance?) that something breaks I don't have to lay in the dirt and grit in my nice goretex ski/snowboard gear and f it all up.

Helly Hansen for the shell. . .I gotta get some pants though. Hate having wet legs from wheelin' in jeans.