• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

BFG Baja T/A's as a wheeling tire???

Avanteone

SO.... say someone were to have a line on a set of 37" Baja T/A's (or two sets) CHEAP. Brand new, and did I mention cheap? How do they work? They're the same carcass as the Krawler's, right? I remember some time back a comparision article in one of the magazines saying they worked good but were ridiculously expensive... so if we take the $$$ out of the equation, what do you think??? Ideas?

John

just keep in mind that if your rig is a dd, these tires have a bad habit of flatspotting in cold weather, after a few miles they round out again, but just something to keep in mind. as for the wheeling part, I ran them in our 7s truck a few seasons ago and they worked well, not to sure how they handle the rocks though.

I wheeled with a guy that had the Bajas and the were only OK as a trail tire. They have very few lugs to grab rock. They also suck if its even damp.

Buy 'em cheap and sell them to a desert racer. I was just in LA last week and hadn't been in SoCal in a long time so I was amazed at how many 'prerunner' style trucks there were all over the place.

Buy 'em cheap and sell them to a desert racer. I was just in LA last week and hadn't been in SoCal in a long time so I was amazed at how many 'prerunner' style trucks there were all over the place.

oh yes, the white fender boys... the "prerunner" look is wildly popular out here right now... funny thing is, most still run the stock suspension and their trucks have never even seen a dirt road. :gay: :gay: :gay:

Me and a few buds are moving to riverside in a few yrs to get into that ****. GOnna be hella fun!:redneck: