• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired bike question --- clutch, cable or hydraulic?

muchado

What's preferable? hydraulic or cable clutch on a bike?? I'm looking at kits for my 110 to make it a manual clutch but confused at what the 14-15 year olds posting on forums for these bikes have to say. My dad's WR400 was hydraulic I think but my SV650 is cable and that works just fine.

Cable is cheaper---but just wondering what the consensus on overall better setup. Would like to do it "right" the first time thumb.gif... I don't see what the big diff would be other than ease of operation/smoothness... Maybe it only matters if you're a serious track person :dunno: The difference is ~$100

Thanks for the email Chris, cable it is. thumb.gif

Chris said you've got more control over cable + with how much the bike will be down cheaper/easier repairs. Makes sense thumb.gif

lil bikes r addicting :eek:

Bones said:
Find me a steal on a 110 so can teach my niece and nephew how to ride....,yeah that's why I want it. :flipoff1:

laughing1

I've been lookin at em on CL everyday--I have a couple other local buddies in the market locally thumb.gif

iffn' yer serious I can spot cash and pick somethin up for ya given a good deal. I scored my brothers 2005 for $800 :eek: it was listed on CL for $1k and damn near new condition... Wish I was able to get mine that cheep :eek: laughing1

What did you get again? I don't follow these bikes at all. Mainly want something I can ride and teach the kids on as well. There is a 600 acre ORV park 15 miles from me and a dirty bike and or quad are becoming appealing and I thought of trading the KTM for a quad, just can't let it go.

Bones said:
What did you get again? I don't follow these bikes at all. Mainly want something I can ride and teach the kids on as well. There is a 600 acre ORV park 15 miles from me and a dirty bike and or quad are becoming appealing and I thought of trading the KTM for a quad, just can't let it go.

I got a DRZ110 which is a Kawasaki KLX110 relabeled for Suzuki... There was only 3 years of the DRZ suzuki dropped the line. All the labeling and stamps on my bike are from kawasaki just Zuk plastics. Kawi still makes the bikes to this day.. brand new they are $1800ish you can get em on CL all day long for $800-1000.... paid 9 for mine 8 for Ryans. About what 50's are going for so we decided to try something different.

They are a 110 w/ 3 speed tranny/centrifugal clutch... They have a factory 4th gear installed but you've gotta put a $50 factory part to remove the block off for the 4th gear. Klutch kits are $139 and you can install them as an "auto/manual" if you're gonna have kids riding the bike so they can learn to shift before being thrown on a clutch.... or you can make em a full manual. Pretty good bikes as far as I can tell, out of the box has a much better suspension than my CRF50 had---seems beefier. Figured I'd try this instead of another fiddy I am pretty happy with it so far and just been riding it stock for now. Waiting on parts to come in to make it into a fat guy approved pit bike...

Sounds like a bike that could last a few years with kids. Not too bad. I need to start looking for one this winter, buy it and surprise the lil' ones some spring.

miles4areason said:
Ya the 110s are bigger and better suspension butt im sure they dont have the reliability of OLD FAITHFULL :flipoff1:

prolly not! :drinkers:

I still luv a fiddy thumb.gif

woooo bars, shifter, brake pedal and tall seat come via brown today :drinkers:

I actually rode mine through the house last nite. 3 times! In through the kitchen door and out through sliding glass door.

Caddishack18 said:
Iactually rode mine through the house last nite. 3 times!

I have rode mine in too the house, just not in the house.

Caddishack18 said:
I actually rode mine through the house last nite. 3 times! In through the kitchen door and out through sliding glass door.
we got drunk and did burnouts in my buddy's kitchen at college... then we couldn't find replacement tiles anywhere laughing1 laughing1 laughing1

What's the setup on your guys pit bikes?

rob go cable . hydro is good
if you are racing or riding all day but not as smooth as cable . we converted the old tlr's we used to ride to cable from hydro cause the control is better .
bones .. go with the ttr 110 yamaha kicks ass

kcmwgreg said:
rob go cable . hydro is good
if you are racing or riding all day but not as smooth as cable . we converted the old tlr's we used to ride to cable from hydro cause the control is better .
bones .. go with the ttr 110 yamaha kicks ass

yA TTR 110 is kickass just $$$ cuz no used ones out there yet...

ordered cable waitin on parts now

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trkparms=tab%3DBidding&viewitem=&item=250294058525&_trksid=p3907.m32