• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

"Blacked Out"

Re: "Blacked Out" Colorado/Canyon Truggy build

Good lookin rig , I like the low ride height. Has the ride height given u any trouble on the trail

Yotanut said:
Good lookin rig , I like the low ride height. Has the ride height given u any trouble on the trail

Yeah low is what i was shooting for. Belly height is 22''. The wheelbase is 130'' which is quite a bit longer than I wanted, especially with a 22'' belly, but surprisingly I dont have much trouble. Real steep, short ledges are the only trouble area, but it climbs hills so much better being long. my last rig was 115'' wb with 24'' belly and this one seems a lot more stable and def climbs better.

another i found

Attachments

• 6419_10203488122586147_2062943888_n.jpg
    6419_10203488122586147_2062943888_n.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 169

I like it! Extended cab ftw! Can't have enough dry storage space! :****:

Yeah I hear that my last truck was a single cab yota. Doesn't work well when you're 6'2" 240.

Re:

Saw this truck at rush thus weekend, have to say that it and the white one that was running with you were two of my favorite rigs I saw this weekend

Re: "Blacked Out" build thread

bbtank45 said:
Killer lookin truggy man, nice work!

What did you have to do to adapt the 4.3 (newer LS based 4.3) to the old th350?.......I know the older 4.3's bolted right up, but i think the crank depth changed with the LS based 4.3's.

There are no LS based 4.3s. All the way up to 2013 they were pretty much the same ol block as 1986 (minus the balance shaft). In 2014 GM has started using a LT based 4.3 with cylinder deactivation, torque management, and bunch of other non offroad friendly bullsh*t

Thanks for all the comments. Windows are all lexan. I just tinted the sides and rear. Welded Nuts on the inside of the cab for easy removal if/when I need to.

the lexan that covers the door area is just for hauling it incase it rains or something I don't wheel with the door section on

I like the fact that you didn't go the Taco or Ranger route, which there isn't anything wrong with those two, just kinda cool to see something you don't always see.

couple pics from Rush

Attachments

• rush.jpg
    rush.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 1,353
  • rush2.jpg
    rush2.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 1,349

good lookin truck man... seen you at boo bash but never could get up with you to talk... i bought your old fuel cell and seen this truck in the works... turned out really nice... who owns the one to the right in the pic?

I'm curious too your Colorado is ba as hell and what is the white one? S10. Looks wicked

Thanks!

The white one belongs to a buddy of mine it started as a toyota xtra cab