• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Blew the engine on my cummins. Dodge owners read..

maybe???

Dovetail96:Well now I know.. Any chance Dodge will help me out with 105k?

the factory warranty is 5years 100k miles. they might help you depending on when the truck was originally purchased. the only thing is that its an extremely expensive repair that they would have to pay for... i know i had to do one last summer cause an injector failed and wiped out the engine.

thats just my 2 cents but i've seen chrysler warranty some crazy stuff before it couldnt hurt to try

You start drinkin Sam???:fawkdancesmiley::haha::haha:

Hey now you watch it:fawkdancesmiley:, and no thats just my dum self:haha:

Dovetail96:Well now I know.. Any chance Dodge will help me out with 105k?

the factory warranty is 5years 100k miles. they might help you depending on when the truck was originally purchased. the only thing is that its an extremely expensive repair that they would have to pay for... i know i had to do one last summer cause an injector failed and wiped out the engine.

thats just my 2 cents but i've seen chrysler warranty some crazy stuff before it couldnt hurt to try

It wouldnt be chrysler doing the warranty, it would be cummins:awesomework:, buddy had a 125,000 on his and they warrantied the whole fuel system with a little bickering with them. granted this is a little more money, but Cummins will stand behind there product:cool:

Hey now you watch it:fawkdancesmiley:, and no thats just my dum self:haha:

It wouldnt be chrysler doing the warranty, it would be cummins:awesomework:, buddy had a 125,000 on his and they warrantied the whole fuel system with a little bickering with them. granted this is a little more money, but Cummins will stand behind there product:cool:

Cummins won't be the one warrantying the motor, it would be dodge...

Talked to the warranty manager at Cummins today and he advised to knock on doors at Dodge until they help me. He hoped that they would stand behind their product and help me out considering it was not for lack of care or caution that damaged my engine but from a faulty factory part. Cummins has not warranted engines in Dodge trucks since 1991 or so. I will continue the path on Monday and hope for the best before I pursue one of a few leads on surplus Cummins engines. Used surplus is in the 2-3k range I have found.

Well now I know.. Any chance Dodge will help me out with 105k?

dodge wont do anything. i had 2 injectors fail in my 03 with 108,000 and they would not help out at all. oh ya and dont deal with Tacoma Dodge, I hear they are a Dodge dealer again.

dodge wont do anything. i had 2 injectors fail in my 03 with 108,000 and they would not help out at all. oh ya and dont deal with Tacoma Dodge, I hear they are a Dodge dealer again.

T Dodge is completely different. The only thing the same is the walls to the building. The old owner was shut down during the Chrysler BK, and the new owner is completely and entirely different. You may very well find that the new ownership and management teams are far more willing to go out on a limb than a dealership who's more experienced with warranty claims procedures.

The other thing to consider is the dealership whom you purchased the truck from.

And did you buy an extended warranty?

T

I bought the truck 2nd hand with 30k on it. Now has 105k.. No more warranty then what comes from the factory. Well I hope to find they will help on Monday.

Friend of mine had his whole fuel system warrantied from cummins direct but took it to the dealer for the service and cummins paid them if i remember right

Dodge buys the engines out of warranty from Cummins to lower the price and Dogde carries the warranties on the engine. That little bit of info is from Cummins NW.

the only way i see them possably doing any thing is if fuel filters have been changed useing oem filter or aftermarket ones that pass the 7 mic rateing ( i think they now require 3 mic).

fyi: most parts store filters are 20+mic.... almost might as well not have one...

Well Cummins NW manager had nothing but good to say about the Powershop and that is where all of my maintenance is performed. He told me he would provide a reference if that would help with the Dodge dealer so I will push that as much as I can..

THAT is good to know. I talked to my tech there last night and they would provide any documents I needed if it would help get it covered.:awesomework:

T Dodge is completely different. The only thing the same is the walls to the building. The old owner was shut down during the Chrysler BK, and the new owner is completely and entirely different. You may very well find that the new ownership and management teams are far more willing to go out on a limb than a dealership who's more experienced with warranty claims procedures.

The other thing to consider is the dealership whom you purchased the truck from.

And did you buy an extended warranty?

T

i have worked with the new manger at t-dodge, if you bitch enough he pretty much will give you anything and everything you want or fight with dodge to get them to help you out...

also ask them for the chrysler customer service hotline and fight with them. bring all your records in when you go in the first place it just makes it faster

Waiting till Monday to talk to a Senior manager suite at Dodge about my truck. See if they will help. If it gets fixed in time take mine otherwise my friend will tow it.