• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Blew the engine on my cummins. Dodge owners read..

Man this sucks. Ussualy with the dodge cummins its everything else but the engine thats the problem.

Hope you get it worked out without hurting your pocket book too much.

Man this sucks. Ussualy with the dodge cummins its everything else but the engine thats the problem.

Hope you get it worked out without hurting your pocket book too much.

Not anymore. Dodge has fixed the problems of the past when climate control knobs, instrument clusters and window switches failed. Now, they've taken a page out of Ford's book and successfully found a way to make a Cummins motor into a huge piece of **** by installing failure prone injectors, VG turbos, and DPFs. And for the record, Dodge's front ends are still the worst out of the three. For ****'s sake, Dodge has found a way to make a solid axle less durable than GM's IFS.

What if you replace the the gauge gluster with one with under 100k on it.
Im sure its against the law, but what dealerships do should be criminal too.
Just not right they can say no, over a few thousand miles.

What if you replace the the gauge gluster with one with under 100k on it.
Im sure its against the law, but what dealerships do should be criminal too.
Just not right they can say no, over a few thousand miles.

New clusters don't have odo's of old---that info is kept in BCM, and the cluster only displays what the BCM has stored, not to mention if you change clusters, you might have to reprogram it to match the rig, or others problems will likely arise....

New clusters don't have odo's of old---that info is kept in BCM, and the cluster only displays what the BCM has stored, not to mention if you change clusters, you might have to reprogram it to match the rig, or others problems will likely arise....

Wondered about that, a ebay gluster said it had 106k on it. Still even if a BCM is $1k, cheaper than a motor and fuel system.

Regardless, the dealer can check, and will be able to tell if the cluster/BCM programming has been messed with/altered---which will instantly void any possibility of warrantying this...better off trying to fight them over a few thousand miles rather than hide it...

Its like 74k on the ECU and 103ish on the ODO. I bought a 06 Cummins now but needs some rod bearings but its loose and able to be worked on. Plus the price was right. Does anybody know the difference between a 305 HP 2004 Cummins and a 2006 model? I know the blocks are the same but I heard something in the injectors/EFI is different. What you guys think?

3 injections per cycle on the 04.5+ instead of 2.. Pretty sure that means different computer and injectors. Not really sure what else though..