• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Blue's Redux...

Always a pleasure to see you... glad that benders going down the road w/you! Your such a nice guy I feel guilty accepting the die from you but in return your welcome to use it anytime. Now get to the bending, brewskies and pics!!! Keep er outside this weekend if you can, should be awesome...

Keep it as short as you can. You will hate anything over 115".

No YOU will hate anything over 115" some of us have learned to use it to our advantage rather that complaining about it as a handicap. :;

Rig looks good, that's gonna be one low sob for that wheelbase... Is that 24" to the bottom of the frame or to the transfer case crossmember?

Hopefully it will have a flat belly, if we end up having to run the belly pan lower, it will be 24" to the lowest part of the pan.

Hopefully it will have a flat belly, if we end up having to run the belly pan lower, it will be 24" to the lowest part of the pan.

Sweet! That's a bit lower than I am but you are also a bit shorter so you can get away with it. Looks like a nice build. I have a soft spot for the 720's.. My first 4x was an 82 rolling tough on 32" tsl radials and a 2" body lift. :redneck:

we can chalk tonight up to a learning experience. We didn't make a ton of forward progress but I think we are close to getting the hang of the bender. I felt like a toddler playing with one of those wood blocks with the dowels and shapes trying to put the bender back together but luckily things only fit really one way.

Once the bender was up and going we bent a couple more test 90's to get the feeling of it. I got down here 2 hours later then anticipated so even working till 11 we only put in 3 hours of work tonight.

I did all the hard work tonight, testing several cans of PBR to insure they all were cold and refreshing while Les fawked off and put pieces of metal together. We all know who the real worker is obviously. :redneck:

My job...
P1060872.jpg

Les's job...

P1060873.jpg

Les got the frame rails capped off and then bent up the new frame sections and welded everything on.

P1060870.jpg

P1060878.jpg

I attempted to use Les's propane cutting torch to cut out some plate for the motor mounts. Apparently using propane is different then Accetylene bc I eventually gave up and made Les show me how to do it right.

we'll get up tomorrow morning and hopefully get 3 or 4 hours in of work before Les has to head to work.

I am pretty good with a grinder though.
P1060880.jpg

this truck might end up getting named The Fatty, I'm fat my truck will be fat (short n wide = fat). :redneck::beer:

I dig it. If you're linking it though, why do you have frame sticking past the tire?

You talking about the front or rear Trent? The factory frame will be gone from the cab back, we are not quite ready to hack it at the moment though. If you are talking about how long we left the front rails, we aren't 100% sure how we are going to mount the winch, so we left it long so we have material to work with when we figure it out.

Nick's still working on #5. :fawkdancesmiley: As long as Nick can keep the parts coming when they are needed, I'm hoping to have it out of my shop by the end of the summer...

So yesterday we got a little done before I had to go to work, got the hoops for the coilovers done. They still need some gusseting and once the cage is done in the cab, they will tie into that.
P1060887.jpg

P1060888.jpg

P1060889.jpg

P1060890.jpg

You have to forgive Nick, he is a horrible photographer... :fawkdancesmiley:
P1060891.jpg

P1060892.jpg

Keep her goin!! By the time youre done bendin toob for that thing, i might let you bend me up a set of sliders if youre lucky. You still plan on runnin a rear bench seat? I call window!!

Get some tube and I will bend them for ya.

Got a little more done today, I was going to start bending hoops for the cage, but I need to get some little magnetic levels so I can do some straight bends.

Got the frame rails gusseted...
P1060893.jpg

P1060894.jpg

P1060895.jpg

Engine crossmember in...
P1060896.jpg

P1060897.jpg

Got the rear window out...
P1060898.jpg

Doesnt the level only work if your floor is %100 level? Id be fawked if i tried that at home, the floor tilts to one side. Itd be like a nascar rig with all the weights on one side...so it could turn left...a lot. When i get some cash, i have .35$ to my name since i just gave what i had left to Bobby Long for some goddies, i'll get some toob and hopefully you'll still have the bender. I need to do some sliders and rear quarter guards. Lookin good, take a day off from work and bend some more toob! I'll fill in for ya if i can get your discount!!