• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired BMW Buggy still for sale $25,000

Bahama Bob

BMW Buggy Rock Crawler

Chassis / Interior Design:

Custom 2 seat full tube chassis design with doors, removable
speed glass wind shield, and custom cut and bent aluminum top. Interior is well dressed with padded black vinyl dash, console and Corbeau Ultra seats and RJS 5 point harnesses.
The gauge cluster assembly on the drivers side is aluminum with wood grain cover, and the passenger side is a lockable glove box that is covered with wood grain to match.
The center of the dash holds a marine grade CD player with I-pod connect and marine grade subwoofer with amp. and multi toggle switch panel.
A mixture of wood grain and black vinyl blend into the between seat console for a custom interior finish.
The floor boards were created using expanded mess so both the driver and passenger can see the obstacles in front of the front tires.
Above the floor boards are speed glass inserts in the firewall area to allow more visibility of the trail and working parts of the chassis.
A C.B. and wide view rear view mirror are also included in the interior.
Rock lights front and rear as well as glow lights help to illuminate the night trails and obstacles.[/pre]Engine / Drive Train:

GM 6.0L fuel injected Vortec V-8 with Howell flashed harness
Rear mounted Aluminum radiator with custom Aluminum shroud
Electric fan cools both Radiator / trans cooler
Custom Magnaflow Exhaust system
Rebuilt Turbo 350 Auto Trans with Art Carr shifter
Stak 3.0 twin stick t-case with front dig
Custom heavy wall drive shafts front and rear

Axles:

Front- Dana 60 with new 35 spline chromo axles and Warn premium hubs. 4:56 gears and Lock rite locker. All new seals and bearings on fresh rebuild. New conversion brake kit, rotors, calipers, pins and pads for better stopping performance. Aeroquip stainless steel brake lines with Aeroquip A.N. fittings.
Rear- Boxed / Trussed shaved GM 14 bolt with 4:56 gears and a Detroit Locker. Custom disc brake kit, rotors, calipers, pins and pads. Aeroquip stainless steel brake lines with Aeroquip A.N. fittings.

Suspension:

Double triangulated 4 link with 2.25 solid Aluminum Aircraft 7075 lower links and 1.25" Ballistic hiem joints. Upper links are 1.5" with ¾"x 5/8" hiem joints. Right and Left hand hiem joints were used on all link for easy adjustments. Buggy will clear 51" under any tire at full articulation.
4 - 16" fox shocks

Tires and Wheels:

17x 9 Trail Ready Aluminum wheels and bead locks
40" Maxiss Creepy Crawler Sticky compound (90%)

Other Goodies:

PSC Double ended Hydraulic Ram
PSC High volume pump
PSC Aluminum hydraulic fluid cooler
PSC Aluminum hydraulic fluid reservoir
12 Gallon Poly fuel tank with in dash gauge
Lokar pedal assembly
Quick Disconnect steering wheel
Aluminum body panels
BMW front grill clip
12,000 lb winch in front / 9,500 lb in rear
Rear mounted highlift jack
Head lights, tail / Brake lights
Rock lights
This buggy was originally designed and assembled in 2008 with 4.3 Vortec 6 cylinder engine and Toyota case. I had it converted to the GM 6.0l in late 09 and performed a complete tear down and rebuild in 2010 where almost every tube was removed and changed in some way. Today the rig performs great as a technical crawler with the horse power on hand should you need it. I would not be afraid to wheel it any where, but would really love to see it work out in those western riding areas. With the fans in reverse, winter time wheeling in the 20's and 30's was really comfortable. Most of the time I did not even wear a jacket inside the buggy. In the summer the fans blowing out the back help keep a steady flow of fresh air through the interior area.

I am asking $25,000 for my crawler, even though I have put a lot more than that into it. I can be reached at 404 -379-8943 to schedule a test ride.

With Rock lights on:

With Glow lights on:

With all lights on:

Gauge Cluster:

Seat covers:

See through floor

Dual Batteries:

fully functional doors:

Twin sticks with front dig:

On the trail shot:

trussed rearend / rock guards

Engine Cage:

Cleaned and ready for a ride:

Re: BMW Buggy still for sale $25,000 SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOLD[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

Re: BMW Buggy still for sale $25,000 SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bahama Bob said:
SOLD[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
Welcome to the club buddy! :drinkers:

Latest posts