• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Boats, & Hydrofoil attatchment

JOOP

I WON a COOKIE
So I see these whale tail/ Hydrofoils for sale. Are they worth it on an Inboard/outboard or just a gimmick. What do they do?

SE_Sport300_site.jpg

779-SE300GY.jpg

These can solve some issues but not advantageous on all applications. One thing this wing does is act similar to a trim tab if you have power tilt. It will allow you to adjust the attitude of the nose of the boat while on plane a little more than you can with the outboard or outdrive cavitation plate. Bow up bow down.

Maybe you have the nose of a bow rider full of ladies and you cant move them to the back because the back is full of more ladies and coolers of beer and the bow is plowing into waves giving everyone wet T-shirts which is great but your trying to get to a rock concert. Just trim the bow up.

The main thing these wings work for though is when a boat sits heavy in the stern and has trouble getting up on plane. The wing provides lift and helps get the stern up on plane easier. Same thing for a boat that's a little under powered, it helps get up on plane quicker.

If your boat flies good you just don't need one. It will just add a little drag.

:D

My pops has an 18' runabout with a 115 horse outboard and swears by them. Couldn't tell you the specific benefits though.

Best bang for your buck on your 3.0l is a stainless 5 blade prop. Wakes the boat right up

My dad has one of those on hi 18ft open bow with a little 4.3 v-6, and it has no problems towing my fat ass out of the water on one ski with a couple big guys in the boat. I believe its called a Mercruiser High-Five prop.

My dad has one of those on hi 18ft open bow with a little 4.3 v-6, and it has no problems towing my fat ass out of the water on one ski with a couple big guys in the boat. I believe its called a Mercruiser High-Five prop.

That's the prop:awesomework:

I have a 17.5 foot open bow with a 90hp outboard. It is a little under-powered and these help it get up on plane faster. Seems to ride a little smoother also.