• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

body lift and suspension lift

homebrew1

I have a 92 YJ 5 speed that I just recently got. Im in the process of lifting it starting off with a 1 1/4 body lift which will be finished once the new body mount bushings get in. I am also installing a 4 inch Rough Country lift that comes with the t case drop. My question is how is that t-case drop going to be affected by the body lift. Am I going to have to cut up the tub in order to have full range on the shifter? Can i do without the drop? Any help is appreciated.

You can eliminate the t-case drop, and the resulting loss in ground clearance by using a slip yoke eliminator kit. This will require disassembly of the t-case and a new rear driveline.

If you can't afford the slip yoke yet,don't worry ya don't have to cut much just a lil trim on the backside of the 4wheel shift lever. don't forget to weld up the holes on the frame rails where they bend up in the front.factory weak point.

May have to trim, may not. I would not decide or put one cut in until you have the suspension kit and body lift installed. Then decide next course of action.

So I got my body mount bushings in the mail finally went out and put them on followed the directions that came with them but they look off. It says to put the lift spacer on top of the body mount bushings is this right?(spacer, metal insert, rubber bushing frame) (PIC BELOW)

Also my rear shackles are pointing forward. I havent driven the jeep yet. The shackle bolts are tourqed to 35 lbs as per the directions until the vehicle weight is fully back on the springs. Do my springs just need time to settle or am I going to need longer shackles?

UMMM.jpg

Longer shackles are not gonna help you---set the rig down on the wheels and look at the angle then, with the shackle bolts loose, not tightened down at all...
Something's not right with the body, are all the mounts like this? Maybe the body shifted abit...

No, that does not look right. I need more picterus though. Are they installed all around or just the back ones??:eeek:

kinda off topic but may help you... TJ flares on the YJ will get you more tire clearance than that 1 1/4" BL... and keeps your COG down.

only way i would run any BL on one of my jeeps would be to help tummy tuck a transfer case

Finally got my lift all done. Havent had a chance to drive it a whole lot but for the short drive I took it is 100 times better than it was before. Saving my pennies for wheels and tires. flexes well for a brand new lift.

jeep-5.jpg