• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Bones vs Brock??

money_pit_yj

So McGreggor and Mayweather is going to happen and is intriguing but is probably gonna suck. What about Brock and Jon Jones? I think that would be an absolute awesome fight. My two favorite fighter and two of the most polarizing guys in the sport. What says the hardline?

I don't think that one will ever happen. Brock would beat that ass I think though if it did. Just his size and wrestling would be hard for someone 70ish lbs lighter to deal with.

Nah, I see Brock taking him down and smothering him. Maybe he gets lucky but that's it he got lucky. Brock is giant even for a HW.

jeeptj99 said:
Nah, I see Brock taking him down and smothering him. Maybe he gets lucky but that's it he got lucky. Brock is giant even for a HW.

40 lbs.

Bones carries more weight in training so he can go up 10-15 lbs and keep his timing. Brock has to lean down significantly so he is not lunking around. I wanna say he fights at 260ish. I think Bones is too good a fighter to wrestle him. I think he makes Brock chase him and tires him down and in about round three wear that butt out. He took some shots Fromm cormier and kept coming. I like them both, but Jones is probably my favorite fighter with Bisping, Brock and Matt Hughes coming in close behind in no particular order.

Bisping is one fighter I cannot stand at all. I hope everytime he steps in the ring he gets knocked out. I have hated him since the ultimate fighter.

Derail: did you see where Matt Hughes was in an accident involving a train?

Re:

It would be a toss up. If Jon could stay on his feet and beat Brock with speed I think Jon wins. If Brock can get Jon down and be in top position then I think Brock wins.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I don't think Brock will ever be the fighter and person he was before
Diver-tick-youlitis. It humbled that guy. He's a family man now. His career changed drastically after that.

That being said, I don't know who would win currently but if the old Brock hit the scene again that guy smashes people because he wants to hurt them. I'd bet money on the old Brock.

I feel there is a theme among my favorite fighters. Lol

LightBnDr said:
I don't think Brock will ever be the fighter and person he was before
Diver-tick-youlitis. It humbled that guy. He's a family man now. His career changed drastically after that.

That being said, I don't know who would win currently but if the old Brock hit the scene again that guy smashes people because he wants to hurt them. I'd bet money on the old Brock.

I feel there is a theme among my favorite fighters. Lol

Shane Carwin was beating him so badly he started looking at the ref after every time he hit him. I have zero doubt the UFC told that ref no to stop the fight unless Brock was unconscious. He lost his nerve after that imo

jeeptj99 said:
Bisping is one fighter I cannot stand at all. I hope everytime he steps in the ring he gets knocked out. I have hated him since the ultimate fighter.

Derail: did you see where Matt Hughes was in an accident involving a train?

I like Bisping cause he is an arrogant prick that can back it up.

I think Hughes got hit by a train in a grain truck. I think he is pretty awesome. He is an OG in the game for a long time and he has fun outside the ring as well.

http://youtu.be/kqD6bG6TcZM

money_pit_yj said:
I like Bisping cause he is an arrogant prick that can back it up.

I think Hughes got hit by a train in a grain truck. I think he is pretty awesome. He is an OG in the game for a long time and he has fun outside the ring as well.

http://youtu.be/kqD6bG6TcZM

Hughes in highschool was my role model I guess you could say. Farm boy that wrestled and fought like me, except I didn't fight ha. I thought it said he was in a pick up truck but not 100% sure on that.

Brock would have to come out of retirement and then serve his 6 month suspension for roids from his last fight.

muddinmetal said:
Shane Carwin was beating him so badly he started looking at the ref after every time he hit him. I have zero doubt the UFC told that ref no to stop the fight unless Brock was unconscious. He lost his nerve after that imo
Agree 100%

I cant stand Jones as a person - but he is one of the greatest fighters in the octagon.

Brock would get whooped. Jones can keep Brock's big slow ass outside of attack range with his astronomical reach (eye pokes all day :gay: ) as well as his constant knee/leg kicks ( :gay: ). Even if Brock were to get inside, Jones is no slouch...I cant see Brock having the favorite in that fight.

Anything can happen though....