• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Bouldering?

Any of you ever toyed around at Icicle Creek? (ala: leavenworth area) Fun fun bouldering and climbing!

YES! YES! I do climb over there!! I was supposed to go this past weekend but I got SUPER sick (from riding my damn bike in the damn rain on Thursday), and couldn't go!!! Grrrrr, I was so pissed!!!

I gotta agree with Robin about bouldering, inexperienced as I am, it seems far more likely that you'll hurt yourself than if you were just roped up..... Climbing is all mental, or for the mental depending on what you're lookin' at! :;

We used to climb a lot up Icicle Creek, a friend has a cabin there that we go stay at when we go there. Its been a couple years since we have gone there, but there is a ton up that road.
I have also started carrying a pair of my shoes on trips now, never know where you can get a quick bouldering session in. The rocks besides a parking lot in Tahoe when I was supposed to be getting fitted for a tux was fun :D

REI is the Devil. every dollar you spend there helps lock us out of the woods.:booo:

They did a lot to help build Colonnade..... and they give you money back on all your purchases if your a member, so are they totally evil??? And they're a co-op, get involved! :eeek:

Last edited:
I know it do-able, but would you take a guy down it for one of his first trips on the ropes who has stated he's not-so-keen about heights? :eeek:

Yes I would. All it takes is for me to stop or slow his rap is to slightly pull on the rope.

It's a quick way to get over the height issue.

Explain?:corn:

REI donates a large percentage of their earnings to anti access groups like WTA/ sierra club and several other nazi enviro groups. While these funds they donat may not go directly to the anti access arm of these groups it frees up other funds for these issues. Were talking millions here so it makes them a major pain in the ass. They "claim" to be an enviromently focused company but the truth is they only support muscle powered sports that support them (makes sense from their point of view) A few years back I went after a grant from REI based on their so called enviromental stance:rolleyes: This was a project building bridges over several water croosings on the Naches trail to keep sediment out of the streams. At first It was just ingnored When I started asking for a responce so I could plan I got this nice letter telling me that it didnt meet their "enviromental" guidelines. So I went to a board meeting and asked for more clarification on their "guidelines" I was told that they ONLY support muscle powered sports and that its not their buisness how the groups spend their money. So I asked what about all of the members like myself that used the same woods for mororized use and also spent large quanitys of money in their store ? At this point I was basicly told that we didnt matter and that they couldnt afford to aleniate their core customers. I left after giving my members card to their chairman and told them that I would never support their buissnes again and I havent.

Now again its their right and even makes sense that they support their core customers but it also makes sense that we dont support companys that are helping to lock us out of the woods whenever we can.

REI donates a large percentage of their earnings to anti access groups like WTA/ sierra club and several other nazi enviro groups. While these funds they donat may not go directly to the anti access arm of these groups it frees up other funds for these issues. Were talking millions here so it makes them a major pain in the ass. They "claim" to be an enviromently focused company but the truth is they only support muscle powered sports that support them (makes sense from their point of view)

Source?

I guess just because they support muscle powered supports and not motorized means nothing, there are motor groups that dont support muscle...:stirpot:

i know theres more to it, but that's what im saying until later...

Last edited:
Yes I would. All it takes is for me to stop or slow his rap is to slightly pull on the rope.

It's a quick way to get over the height issue.

Maybe. Maybe not. I'm not super crazy about heights. I used to get paralyzed terrified on relatively low heights. As I've been exposed to it, that's gotten better. But I think if I was "thrown into the deep end"- aka, off the Index Wall, I would have vomited and fainted all in one swift motion..... but it might well have cured me of any heights issues for life (as in "Not on your LIFE, mister, am I getting back on a rope!") :D

Source?

I guess just because they support muscle powered supports and not motorized means nothing, there are motor groups that dont support muscle...:stirpot:

i know theres more to it, but that's what im saying until later...

http://wta.org/support/other-ways-to-give/corporate-giving/corporate

Again it only makes good buisness sense to support your core buisness but these groups that they support are also the same ones working VERY hard to end our sport. All depends on where your prioritys are I guess. Funny thing is I dont know of ANY motorized groups of any sort that are trying to eradicate the hikers from the woods:eeek:

http://wta.org/support/other-ways-to-give/corporate-giving/corporate

Again it only makes good buisness sense to support your core buisness but these groups that they support are also the same ones working VERY hard to end our sport. All depends on where your prioritys are I guess. Funny thing is I dont know of ANY motorized groups of any sort that are trying to eradicate the hikers from the woods:eeek:

I must be lazy/dumb in my searches but where does it say on there website that they're trying to shut down motorized vehicile use? I saw that one of there sponsers is ZipCAR.... :haha:

Let's take this discussion here:

http://nw-wheelers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31647

Indoor is cool, i took a 12 person crew into the climbing room on post, taught how to don harness, simple checks, figure 8, belay device set up and use. Afterward I worked as a safety till they started to tire, I got to climb then, in boots too:)

is anyone on eastside that would want to get together and go to vertical world or something. I haven't been in a while but have been meaning to get out and do more.

Latest posts