• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Brake Question

1bigtj

My girlfriend has an 06 jetta and when you press the pedal down very hard at a stop pressure will fade very slowly and the pedal will go to the floor. i do the same in my truck and the pedal stays right where you push it. is this normal that the pressure slowly goes away and the pedal will go down? or is this something that needs to be addressed. any input is appreciated

Either you have a leak. Look under the vehicle for any wets spots around the calipers and rear drums. OR... You master cylinder is done.

If your in the lakewood area, bring it by my shop and I'll check it out for free for you.

MIDAS, 9140 gravelly lake dr, Lakewood WA. 98499

this car still has the factory warranty. is this something they would cover?

How many miles are on it? Most bumper to bumper warranties expire at 30k.

i called three different vw mechanics and they all said that this is normal for these cars. Calling Boonie. does your VW do this if you hold your pedal down with strong pressure.

i called three different vw mechanics and they all said that this is normal for these cars. Calling Boonie. does your VW do this if you hold your pedal down with strong pressure.

Those arent "real" mechanics, there VW mechanics. You need a fourth opinion.:rolleyes:

Latest posts