• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Broken hydro fittings

JOOP

I WON a COOKIE
What's the best way to extract a broken hydro fitting from the ram? It broke off flush. :mad:

I'm going to barrow one that's big enough here soon. I'll see how that goes.

Jon,
Take the whole ram, hose & everything down to the hydraulic shop at the Kitsap Airport. Have them remake it for you. I've swapped out all three of my jeeps's hi-pressure power steering hoses with true hydraulic hoses. The hydraulic hoses have a burst pressure that's insanely high. You never have to worry about a power steering pressure hose leak. Ever. They've also remade a couple of other misc fittings for me. Great service, reasonable prices.
Williams Oil Service in Tacoma/Fife also can do a lot of the same stuff, only cheaper. They've made most of my brake lines/hoses.
Both shops have a butt-load of misc fittings, etc.
Tony

That's where my lines came from. The line's them self are fine. What broke was a brass fitting that screws into the ram. I'll take a pic.

The brass fitting on the left is the other side but thats what broke off in the ram. I tired calling Pat but it went to voice mail. I went to Lowes and coudn't find this brass fitting. But I still need to get this fitting out.

P1090018.jpg

Jon,
Take the whole ram, hose & everything down to the hydraulic shop at the Kitsap Airport. Have them remake it for you. I've swapped out all three of my jeeps's hi-pressure power steering hoses with true hydraulic hoses. The hydraulic hoses have a burst pressure that's insanely high. You never have to worry about a power steering pressure hose leak. Ever. They've also remade a couple of other misc fittings for me. Great service, reasonable prices.
Williams Oil Service in Tacoma/Fife also can do a lot of the same stuff, only cheaper. They've made most of my brake lines/hoses.
Both shops have a butt-load of misc fittings, etc.
Tony

You would be better off getting all the peices and making them yourself so if need be you might be able to fix them.:;

The brass fitting on the left is the other side but thats what broke off in the ram. I tired calling Pat but it went to voice mail. I went to Lowes and coudn't find this brass fitting. But I still need to get this fitting out.

P1090018.jpg

Use a large easy out.

Its brass so its soft either use a very large flat head screw driver and wedge it in (not so wide that you get into the threads) And then use a cresent wrench and get it out. Option 2- Take a flat punch/blade andd colapse the fitting in on its self and it should pull out. Just be sure and what ever you do dont get into the threads of the inlet it will be a pain to seal if you do.

Its brass so its soft either use a very large flat head screw driver and wedge it in (not so wide that you get into the threads) And then use a cresent wrench and get it out. Option 2- Take a flat punch/blade andd colapse the fitting in on its self and it should pull out. Just be sure and what ever you do dont get into the threads of the inlet it will be a pain to seal if you do.

:cheer: YOU WIN!!!! Flat tip screw driver did the trick. Thanks for that tip. :awesomework:

To add in the slam fest. Id do a straight an to pipe thread adaptor and have a 90 degree steel end on the hose. But thats just the way i do mine.

NO, no I use brass fittings on my work truck because they are the easy thing to fix when some dimwit thinks they should be logging with the boom, easy to fix, cheap and the way to go, have never lost a line yet.:rolleyes:

To add in the slam fest. Id do a straight an to pipe thread adaptor and have a 90 degree steel end on the hose. But thats just the way i do mine.

So is mine.. I'll take a pic of how I pieced it back together. I could only find one fitting. I need to hit up Napa tomorrow down at work.

I used a Mr. gasket Shadow series 45* 3/8 pipe to 6AN fitting. I need to find a 90* for the other side and some spares.
P1090018-1.jpg

The 90 degree fitting for the line? Or to go in the ram? I think your missing my point.

If I recall correctly, Mr Gasket fittings are anodized aluminum. Not very durable for something that can get hit. Might want to try a trip down to the airport.

You would be better off getting all the peices and making them yourself so if need be you might be able to fix them.:;

X2...

I get all my hydro and propane hose and fittings from Williams...

I can rebuild any of it on the trail...

Edit: While you're there, you might want to pick up a spill kit...:corn:

Last edited:

Latest posts