• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

BTF "Behemoth" Flexjoints: 4.5" joints

• Thread starter Ricky@BlueTorchFab
  • Start date
i would love to come check this ride out or give any input i work in a coal mine and i will say all of our equipment takes a pretty rough beating from day one what motor is this manbus running a deutz 2011 turbo?

Ricky@BlueTorchFab said:
Rear link mount/engine crossmember area:
255129_228771133816178_133597076666918_976650_1010966_n.jpg

What?? No flared holes in the frame? :wtflol: :flipoff1:

Cant wait to see it done... sweet little crawler :woot:

I live in a mining town (Sudbury, Ontario Canada) and have worked under ground as well as built and maintain mining trucks and equipment and I can tell you no matter how big and strong you think you are building these things it isn't enough.

I have seen frames that are semi boxed and heavily gusseted made from 2" plate that is 450 Rockwell cracked on mine trucks. I V gouged the crack and welded it back up with .065 metal core wire than fish plated it with 1/2 inch on both sides of the crack only for it to break in other spots a short time later.

They are heavy machines, see heavier loads and are used with more reckless abandon than TC in a rental. :****:

Sam

We keep hearing horror storys from the guys that work down there. We're hoping to see this thing hold up, at least for a while.

I want to say this thing will be running some sort of Cummins as I've seen a bunch of Cummins boxes around the shop. I honestly haven't gotten much information about it so James will have to post up to let ya know.

First a swamp fire truck for da man and now a mine car. Way to think out of the box to stay ahead of this economy! That's the American spirit in high gear right der.

Blase said:
First a swamp fire truck for da man and now a mine car. Way to think out of the box to stay ahead of this economy! That's the American spirit in high gear right der.

James and Jason are smart smart dudes. I'm never surprised by their ingenius outputs.

Latest posts