• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

BTF RIG

on the interview today with dan, online from the lakebed, he personally downplayed it a good bit...

i think that, imho, it was somewhere between the exaggerated damage and his downplayed version....

i know they had a destroyed link, and had evo machine get them another one....they were testing it away from the main area and james, i think he said was driving, had a bad go-round at a landing off of a jump.....

seems to be all honkey dory now....

I talked to Toddy and Droop last night and they had heard that Nicole's husband was driving. But you no how **** can get started and turned around.

i talked to nicole's husband they sheered a unit bearing off which is what knocked them out of the race. they think it was caused by the wreck earlier that week.
they did get it fixed but didn't make it to a checkpoint in time and i think that is what DNF'd them.

86rocktoy said:
what happened to it i heard it got torn up pretty bad :eek: :eek:

Rumor was it was endoed going around 60- 80mph and ripped the back of the chassis off. It was taken to the Fab school and was fixed in 6 hours. They had around 8 people working on it and you couldn't even tell it had been wrecked when they showed up at the lake bed.

Here is James Post on Pirate4x4

Yes I rolled it 3 times . im fine and so is frank. we were tuning the bypass shocks in the whoops that day at 40-65mph and were fine tuning them to get the rebound just right. frank an I felt pretty good with the suspension set up and went for some hot laps to get the buggy up to speeds which were very impressive . we got to a lake bed and tryed to top out on speed but didnt have enough room so we tryed some mild whoops that were closer together an the right rear bypass packed up and pitched us end over end a couple time. Frank and I werent hurt at all just banged up a little. the buggy had 2 tubes replaced in the back when we got to the fab school . we wrecked on tuesday afternoon and we were back testing wednesday morning. thanks to troy and all the guys that helped us out. if you have any questions just ask dont speculate or believe any rumors you heard. some were very interesting. dan has a few pictures of the buggy at the lake bed so he will be posting up some.

Steering pump is toasted and who know's how much more maintenance items it will need. Its all in one piece and drove in, drove on the trailer and she's all good after one hell of a beating.

Latest posts