• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

buggy build price

84YotaBoy

im trying to figure out and see what it would cost to get a simple tube chassis made to use a samurai hood looking for 100" wheelbase design i dont have a bender so im just seeing what typical cost is to make something like this thanks

DSCN0334.jpg

thanks for everyone that has pm'd me once i finally make up my mind on how i want the setup ill pull the trigger and get it done but right now i want full buggy but the wife wants more comfort so i may have to go with samurai tub and truggy it out back now i just need to find a clean tub for cheap mine is dented good

You could get a chassis for about $5k from various fabricators, DOM, welded, proven designs.

If you want to go the buggy route, I'd keep your sammi and use it while you build a buggy, then sell it when your done and recoupe that at the back end.

Do a basic 5.3 v8, Manual Valve body th350 or 400, a 3.8 atlas, Built 60's or 9's, and BFG stickies.(10-15k)

Drop those parts of with your fabricator, and they can send you back a roller, for about 10k.

Then finish it yourself with another 5k in misc parts and a couple hundred man hours.

Total 25-30K.

You could buy a good one for around 20 if you waited for the right deal.

I'm all for Buggies, but make sure that's the type of wheeling you want to do, and you don't waste your time building something that doesn't work and you aren't happy with. Elbe, and Evans leave a lot to be desired when wheeling a buggy, and you'll find you need to drive a bit farther to go somewhere with what i would call "buggy" trails. 2-3hrs.

Ya that one is sweet. I really just want to build something lightweight I use a tacoma to tow with and it does great but don't want to press my luck I can can get a samurai to under 2500 lbs pretty easy I can't go full buggy the wife doesn't want to be wet or cold snow wheeling and like you said Im really only going to be wheeling evans and elbe and go to Naches and Rimrock a few times a year don't really want to be to bored with something that works so well lol going to do a minimal body just enough to seal up tube the rear link it on toy axles and 37s should keep things interesting still..what's a good wheelbase for around here I'm at 90 now on leafs and it works good just want.to be stable on climbs

If you want a buggy in the future build it now. I'd rather be wet and cold and be able to climb,drop, or do whatever I want. Like Clark said keep the samurai, and build one from scratch. They get expensive quick, especially if you start out hiring stuff out.

What? You dont have a buggy yet?

Fenders are so yesterday!

You pretty much cant even wheel these days unless you have links and stickies!

Ya that one is sweet. I really just want to build something lightweight I use a tacoma to tow with and it does great but don't want to press my luck I can can get a samurai to under 2500 lbs pretty easy I can't go full buggy the wife doesn't want to be wet or cold snow wheeling and like you said Im really only going to be wheeling evans and elbe and go to Naches and Rimrock a few times a year don't really want to be to bored with something that works so well lol going to do a minimal body just enough to seal up tube the rear link it on toy axles and 37s should keep things interesting still..what's a good wheelbase for around here I'm at 90 now on leafs and it works good just want.to be stable on climbs

Sami with toy stuff is a great lightweight combo (with the cab to keep the wife happy, which means you can wheel more), especially if you're going to be towing with a tacoma.:eeek:

Price on building a buggy is relative to the parts you want to buy. A competent buggy can be built for 20k no problem, want the fancier axle ****(Spidertrax) and you better plan for more. Taking advantage of good deals that pop up can save you some coin in the end. Buying some parts used, some new keeps cost in check. Go all new and you can get to 25-30k pretty quick, also doing the work yourself vs having somebody build it for you factors in.

We are in the process of building our Ultra 4 buggy and already having over $20k in it, with only the motor sitting in the chassis and a ton of axle parts sitting around. These are not cheap to build, our last one was 30k, this one that will be upwards to 60-80k when done.

We are in the process of building our Ultra 4 buggy and already having over $20k in it, with only the motor sitting in the chassis and a ton of axle parts sitting around. These are not cheap to build, our last one was 30k, this one that will be upwards to 60-80k when done.

What are the plans for the buggy? Got a build thread somewhere? Are you guys racing it? What class? KOH? Curious about the details. I would be nice to see some more Ultra 4 folks up this way.

Without high-jacking this thread to much.

Once I have the extra time I will be creating a build page, but for now it is a 2 seater chassis with an LS motor, reid trans case and SH400 custom built by Chris over at Maximum Trans, Atlas and Spider 9's running 10" gears and ARB's. More details later as I iron them out.
Looking for sponsors to help out a little on the build, I have a ton of sheet metal to cover, lol

We will be racing in the 4400 class, in the states and taking it abroad to Mexico to race in the SCORE and NORRA events. I hope to make the Baja 1000 next year. I was invited to run in the NORRA Mexican 1000 next year but I will not be ready by April, so Baja, fingers crossed, depends on money.

I will keep everyone posted as soon as the project takes off. Right now I could post a thread, but the post would get cold with the little time I have to work on it.

For now, I have the chassis complete, motor installed, axles on site need to be cut down and welded, rear trailing arms need finish welding, and a ton of parts in boxes.