• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Buggy for the Hubby

^^^ Very well put! I wouldn't even want a good friend that wheels with me all the time and hears me talk about what I like on a regular basis, surprising me with a buggy. Owner/driver specific nails it. There's things I care about in a rig that others may not value the way I do.

My vote is to surprise him with your overwhelming interest in helping with making his dream of owning the buggy of his dreams come true. That's a helluva lot more than most females do pertaining to the matter. Most would bitch and moan about the time and expenses that comes with it, so I'm willing to bet he would be just as happy or even happier if you surprise him saying, "hey, let's get this thing going" and interact with him about it as the build progresses or through the phases of looking at, test driving, and buying one that's already built.

:drinkers:

Just surprise him with a list of rigs for sale along with some homework already done in terms of shops that can build him one. Learn a little about the sport, learn the difference between a trail rig and rock bouncer. Basically come to him with pics and links of possibilities, discuss it with him as if you are as interested as he is and as a shopping partner. "This rig is cool but I worry that it won't have enough power. This rig is cool but it may not have enough storage space. This rig has rockwells. You'll never break them but they might be a bit on the heavy side. I called Angryfab, he says he can ubid you a full roller with x components for x money in 3 months whereas Coleworx can do it with this stuff in this amount of time for this much." Also, if I was going to spend that big a chunk of family money at once I would want to know my wife's preferences. "I like this one because its green. This one has cool tube work. This one has space for the kids." I would nut my pants if my wife did this ...

Mods, is there a way to make this thread invisible to just her husband so that the rest of us can help guide her as she has questions without ruining the surprise? (If it isn't already.)

And if all else fails, I say full on lesbian experience with him and the woman of his choosing. Can't go wrong there! :)

You could just let him read this thread and when hes done tell him you need his help to do this ????????????????

Hey guys my name is Aaron phillips and i am the lucky one with this magnificent woman. I have been working all day but wanted to get on and talk with yall for a minute when i got home.

SHE CAME CLEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

More so than saying thank you for all the help that you offered and the suggestions and buggy sale offers. I want to say thank you for being so respectful of my lady on the forum. I talked with Brian today and will be trying to purchase Brian Mcbrooms buggy. I have had several very capable rigs and have been around for five years. I have had several great offers and lots of help deciding on what to get.

to name a few of them in my way of saying thanks would be

Travis lovett
Nick Sosbee
Kevin Posey
And Jimmy S himself

The only thing that im a bit concerned about is the stigma that you must live up to if you have that capable bouncer. This is a risk i believe im ready to take. MAYBE

thanks again guys and this is why the world of hardline and crawling is such a great place. I have drug my feet on a few buggy and kicked a few tires but i will find the right buggy for me and see you on the trails very soon

Name for buggy will be created for my wife lets hear some suggestions

I honestly am appreciative and in debt to all of you....

The stigma of having a bouncer is only there if you let it be. If I had one, I would most likely do like Brad Macon (owner of the Equalizer buggy). He still wheels it hard, but isn't beating the guts out of it and tearing it all to hell everytime he takes it out or racing it in the SRRS. That's more my style.....enjoy it, use it, and take care of it.

Sounds like you're at an exciting point in your life since you're about to get a new buggy and obviously have an awesome wife. Good luck with everything and keep us posted!

:drinkers:

Yes we have just had are first son and are about to make the leap into a buggy which is a huge investment but im excited and i will let yall know as it goes.

ammech said:
Yes we have just had are first son and are about to make the leap into a buggy which is a huge investment but im excited and i will let yall know as it goes.

Congrats on great family! Having the boy around, maybe go ahead and look into 3-4 seaters so he can go with in a few years. Otherwise you'll put all this time into one, then have to get a different one so he can go with.

I have though about that a bunch and we are lucky enough to have a rzr 900 i think im going to get someone to build me a buggy style cage for it so that the lady has something to have fun with if it the buggys is putting down some WAAAAAAA POOOOWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!

coleenp said:
I have though about that a bunch and we are lucky enough to have a rzr 900 i think im going to get someone to build me a buggy style cage for it so that the lady has something to have fun with if it the buggys is putting down some WAAAAAAA POOOOWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!

That allows twice as much fun then!

No it was a little out of my price range 40k was stretching and he wanted just a little more than that.

They are great guys to deal with that is for sure.