• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

buggy leaf?

jjduedall

ive been reading up on buggy leafs lately and was wondering how these would work out for a DD. would i positivily need some sort of link or anti-wrap bar? would it be just like runnin a normal leaf/shackle combo if i make some sort of lock out so that the buggy leaf part can only flex when i want it to (a pin or bolt..etc..)

I had a 41 Ford with a wishbone/buggy spring front axle... dunno how that would work for a 4x4 suspension. You mean to have a center pivot you could pin solid rather than a fixed mount at the frame?

if you uset it up correctly with the proper bumpstops, limiting straps, shackle angle and an anti wrap bar it will work fine.

i think im going to try this as soon as the current project gets done. this is what im aiming for.. sorry for the horrible picture.. its almost 2 in the mornin

hahahahahahahah i love it jason you crack me up photo shop was our best friend we had fun pulling all nighters with that oh yea and i think that would be a sick idea but you should try to get every thing done asap

OK, this is a 3/4 elliptical or some variation of it. I refer to a transverse leaf spring as a buggy spring.