• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Building a Pro Touring muscle car.

doctordick said:
DAMMIT MAN!! I got kids almost as old as you :****: Late 80's I was raising kids and doin' the 9 to 5 in the big city. The square in P-town and 6th street in Oz were like a big old car show on saturday nights. Anyway, love your project, sounds way cool. You don't see near as many 'birds as Camaros. Adds to the cool factor!! thumb.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif

This bird cruised the square a few times but im to young to have seen any of that. Ya there is about 20 camaro's for every 1 bird.

doctordick said:
DAMMIT MAN!! I got kids almost as old as you :****: Late 80's I was raising kids and doin' the 9 to 5 in the big city. The square in P-town and 6th street in Oz were like a big old car show on saturday nights. Anyway, love your project, sounds way cool. You don't see near as many 'birds as Camaros. Adds to the cool factor!! thumb.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif

I was in that group that was probably some of the last to have nightly cruised the Square and Oz. By 1995 it was done, the cops had shut it down. Paola City Council passed the no parking after 7pm on the square, and the cops where all over it.

Lap around square then up to Sonic turn around and do it again. After a few head to Oz, do a few laps up down and around Sonic, Every now and then mix it up with a run to Olathe to cruise "the Fe" or head down to Garnett for some farm girls.

InDaShop said:
I was in that group that was probably some of the last to have nightly cruised the Square and Oz. By 1995 it was done, the cops had shut it down. Paola City Council passed the no parking after 7pm on the square, and the cops where all over it.

Lap around square then up to Sonic turn around and do it again. After a few head to Oz, do a few laps up down and around Sonic, Every now and then mix it up with a run to Olathe to cruise "the Fe" or head down to Garnett for some farm girls.

That is funny, the small town I grew up in was the exact same. You made a lap around the sonic and hooked a right turn up the hill and took a left by the bank and then made a loop around the square and back down and did it all over again. This was in the 80's and early 90's. And you could always pull in the bank parking lot and hang out. Every now and then a fight would break out in the parking lot. Now you can drive through town on a Saturday night and it is a ghost town, there is not a car in sight. 20 years ago there would be a traffic jam around sonic all the way up the hill around the square :****: I have no idea what these kids are doing these days.

bigsilly said:
That is funny, the small town I grew up in was the exact same. You made a lap around the sonic and hooked a right turn up the hill and took a left by the bank and then made a loop around the square and back down and did it all over again. This was in the 80's and early 90's. And you could always pull in the bank parking lot and hang out. Every now and then a fight would break out in the parking lot. Now you can drive through town on a Saturday night and it is a ghost town, there is not a car in sight. 20 years ago there would be a traffic jam around sonic all the way up the hill around the square :****: I have no idea what these kids are doing these days.

Probably Crystal Meth. skully Kids now days don't hang out and cruise like we did in the 90's, in my town they are too busy with drugs.

WHIZARD said:
Probably Crystal Meth. skully Kids now days don't hang out and cruise like we did in the 90's, in my town they are too busy with drugs.
Kind of my fear. Even back then there may have been the occasional beer drinking/joint smoking back roads or pasture deal every now and then, but cruising was BIG. Now it is non existent.

My home town kids are staying home more from what I have been told. Surprisingly few are drinkers, they just hang out and play games.... :gay:

Glad I got out with a race prepped liver and knew what a slut was before college. laughing1

bigsilly said:
Kind of my fear. Even back then there may have been the occasional beer drinking/joint smoking back roads or pasture deal every now and then, but cruising was BIG. Now it is non existent.
Before I graduated in 04, it was starting to dwindle down, but the main reason was we were just getting hassled by the cops for hanging out in the parking lots

Was the same thing in my town too in the early 90's and we had a blast :woot: :woot:

Calhoun ga was like pc beach on spring break every weekend :driving: :drinkers: flashemifyougotem

Now there is NOBODY in town due to the no parking/cruising laws they passed :puke:

Im sure the businesses thank them every weekend for nobody being there anymore too :wtflol:

That blown SBC would look good in that '68 Fbird :dblthumb: Thought about running down to the Sonic in the Willys on cruise nite :driving:, but I'd probably just wind up running over some flatbill in a Civic ;D ;D

I think it is risk of dui around here. They will absolutely throw your ass in jail STAT if you have a few beers and are a kid. until 21, .02 is the limit and one has you over that. :gay:

Rich, I agree that old shcool would fit better for nostalgia reasons, but I just love the though of remote start and maintenance (adjustment/tweaking) free driving until his boy is 21. gotta love gen III stuff.

I have kinda been thinking of doing a carb kit on the 6.0 just so it would have the old school look when you poppwdv the hood but be the newer engine. :dunno: also thinking it may sound better with a carb.

COPPERHEAD42 said:
I have kinda been thinking of doing a carb kit on the 6.0 just so it would have the old school look when you poppwdv the hood but be the newer engine. :dunno: also thinking it may sound better with a carb.
Horribly gay statement right here. Please don't. Mix old school n new school, but don't do a damn carb

Let's not start that whole LS vs SBC sh*tstorm again.....altho everybody knows that blown SBC would be killer, nothin' like looking out the windshield at the back end of a blower ;D ;D ;D ;D

OH HELL YEA...had me a little hot rod mustang, we used to cruise all over Douglasville, Marietta,Dallas, Hiram, and Cedartown Ga. ... :driving: flashemifyougotem :driving: :cougar: :driving:

We cruised like madd all from 88 till bout 97 in these areas,.....and also the WOODS as well ;)

And yes WHAT THE HELL do the kids do nowadays besides goddamn video games :wtflol:

zukiscott said:
And yes WHAT THE HELL do the kids do nowadays besides goddamn video games :wtflol:

They get on Facebook and find out where the party is so they don't have to spend $9468750284598 in gas riding around looking for one. :****:

Saw this today at an SCCA event. Never saw it run as rain delayed it too long for me to be patient for.

Attachments

• IMG_2458.JPG
    IMG_2458.JPG
    337.3 KB · Views: 63