• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Building a trail right

Okay, I'm going to try to turn this thread back on the trail.

not including Reiter: what ideas/areas would be good for building trails?

I'm talking dispersed, managed, long term, short term.

I think trail rotation is something that needs to be looked at. And many miles of trails to reduce the tread impact (spread it over a long area)

Rotation. Yes. Many miles. Yes. How will they be funded? There's no $$$.:kissmyass::D

I'll tell you what I do: I find a place. Hike and map the area. Hand cut the trails. Drive them. Keep heat off of the area by sporadic use. Next!:redneck:

Sustainable. Low-cost. No management necessary.:clappy:

Rotation. Yes. Many miles. Yes. How will they be funded? There's no $$$.:kissmyass::D

I'll tell you what I do: I find a place. Hike and map the area. Hand cut the trails. Drive them. Keep heat off of the area by sporadic use. Next!:redneck:

Sustainable. Low-cost. No management necessary.:clappy:

But thats illegal...You outlaw.:bananallama:

Found one. But its a secret. This area has been used in the past and building in this area will be great. :awesomework:

i don't see the point of this thread... if your place is a secret then why post here.... no trail will be built that way,.... and if its a secret i am sure its not legal to wheel there anyway :looser:

I disagree. Santium Pass is in the cascades, similar to Evans creek. Hell, its on the boundary of a ski area! It gets rain.

The point is, you shouldn't build trails in Wetlands, Aquifers, Watersheds, near Creeks/Streams, etc. That still leaves a lot of land!

And I'm not scared to have some mud and rocks. Mud is only a problem if the trail is over used and runoff ends up in the areas above or causes uncontrolled erosion.

mud isn't a problem, it is an obstacle to be overcome...i love mud

Yeah why ? Trails get closed due to traffic .
:corn:

are you asking me??????????

whats the point on saying i have the perfect spot to build a trail (type that is being discussed in this thread) but say its a secret where it is... cool you have a private wheeling spot but with that said, you are not building a trail then??? so my question is what is the point in posting that