• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired Built/ DD ZJ for sale- western NC

Jody Treadway

Asking: $3500

Link to pics:http://www.nc4x4.com/forum/index.php?threads/97-zj-long-arms-locked-8-8-swap-for-sale-3800.146057/

I just finished building this ZJ when I was bitten by the Toyota bug. Since I bought my 4Runner, this ZJ has sat. Time for a new owner...
I bought it from a member on my home site who daily drove it for quite a while. I completed the mods on it and have wheeled it a few times with great results. I have not tagged it or insured it, so I really don't know it's street manners post-build.

1997 ZJ, 4.0, auto, 242 t case, 178,xxx miles. 33x10.50 KM2 with maybe 1000 miles on them. 4.56's. Spartan front locker, u-jointed shafts, 31 spline 8.8 rear, Powertrax locker, new rear brakes at time of build. Suspension is a Rough Country long arm with approx 5.5" of lift. IRO front track bar, Ironman rear, disconnects, one of my HD tie rod kits. Has a set of 2x4 rock rails on it and an admittedly ugly front winch bumper I threw together and a brand new in the box Smittybilt winch.
Runs good, shifts good, AC is ice cold, heat is hot.

The bad:
*Fluid leaks you'd expect out of a 179,000 mile Jeep. Nothing major, but it does leak some oil and tranny fluid.
*I installed a used gear set in the rear that has a howl to it. It has a good a pattern as a used gear can have, but it is a little noisy.
*windshield leak when it rains
*doors sag a little, one of the door locks doesn't work electrically,etc. You know, old Jeep issues.