• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

BulletProofTranny?

Toom

hey, i was runnin' Toom yesterday and i broke the god damn gears inside the stampede tranny. I thought i heard of parts that you could get that are metal or stronger then the stock ones, do any of you know where to purchase these parts? ty :redneck:

spectra said:
And you need to change another gear to when going to the aluminum gear.

You might if you are going to run fast motors, I ran the aluminum gear in my stampede with hot motor and never had any problems with it.
For a crawler its not a problem.

I B..

I don't know but for me atleast it is cheaper to use AE / Losi trannies. Takes acouple minutes to figure out a mount but the parts are easier to come by and I have yet to break one in my crawler.

you would save a lot of money getting rid of the 65 turn, I thouhgt I already told ya. :haha: :haha:

ManiacMagoo said:
I don't know but for me atleast it is cheaper to use AE / Losi trannies. Takes acouple minutes to figure out a mount but the parts are easier to come by and I have yet to break one in my crawler.
I am using a losi XXT tranny in my tlt. But I have yet to finish the rebuild. I do have about 10 hours of crawlin on it after about a year of racing on it. Had to change the spur gear once and one of the aluminum outdrives.

Yeah all I have only had to change my outdrives and almost every shop has them. I have ran them for years with 10-13 turn mototrs without failure so I don't think a 55t will kill it unless you bind it and aren't smart enough to let up on the trigger. :haha:

yeah, i don't have spare trannies though or i would've prolly put a losi or associated in it, but anyways does anyone else have links to the other gears i will need for the tranny 'cause the top gear and idler gear are stripped- and DUde, this truck has a 55t motor in it.....ty for the reminder though!:redneck:

Toom said:
yeah, i don't have spare trannies though or i would've prolly put a losi or associated in it, but anyways does anyone else have links to the other gears i will need for the tranny 'cause the top gear and idler gear are stripped- and DUde, this truck has a 55t motor in it.....ty for the reminder though!:redneck:
I thought you had a 65 turn at the last comp??

also, spure gear adaptors are also a wast of a few bucks. A cranked down slipper is your friend. :D

yeah i did and i still do in that truck, in Toom though, which is the silver hummer body...aka:avatar for Toomanyrcz in rccrawler.com, i have a 55t...