• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Bump stops, real world input.. Please

JOOP

I WON a COOKIE
Air Bump stop vs. Daystar poly bushing bump stops.

Looking for some real world input of the Daystar compared to an Air bump stop? Does it feel the same and an air on landings or is it s hard bump?

Air Bump stop vs. Daystar poly bushing bump stops.

Looking for some real world input of the Daystar compared to an Air bump stop? Does it feel the same and an air on landings or is it s hard bump?

Get nitro bumps.There adjustable . Poly isn't .

I've heard the poly bumps don't last long.

I love my air bumps tho.

PART_1361762814392_zpse88a9d1c.png

The polys aren't to bad, they are a little firmer, but great bang for your buck

I dont have personal experiance with the air bumps, but ive herd they dont like getting sideways pressure on them like in the trails around here when you flex out, they are really designed for flat landing situations. But i could be wrong

I dont have personal experiance with the air bumps, but ive herd they dont like getting sideways pressure on them like in the trails around here when you flex out, they are really designed for flat landing situations. But i could be wrong

I don't notice mine when it's flexing.
20130224_101056_zpse47cd33f.jpg

They are a little firm on small bumps going slow, but I haven't let any nitrogen out and they are too long for my set up. They are 3" travel and I only have like 3.5 of up travel. As soon as you go a little faster and let the suspension actually work they are real smooth.

Your pic is EXACT proof of what Sam is saying.

See the spring plate is not pushing UP on the bump? Its pushing on it at a 45 degree angle. That will wear it out very fast when ya dd in some mud and NW slurry. Putting a side load on a pressure vessel with sliding seals is not a great idea/design.

Now in a jumping and landing situation where the axle hits it SQUARE then its a great idea and longevity prevails.

I like running a LONG SOFT upper coil and a STIFF bottom coil that ramps up fast like a bump stop. Cheap and effective for me.

Just my .02

If you have room you can do a flat plate so they hit square when jumping and high speed flat run, then have an angle pad to the side that it hits when flexed.

I didn't have the room to do anything but use my spring plate.

Just make sure it won't push off of the pad. If it does then it can snag the side and pull the bump stop apart.

There are a few guys over here with pretty close to the same set up as I am running and they haven't had any issues.

If you have room you can do a flat plate so they hit square when jumping and high speed flat run, then have an angle pad to the side that it hits when flexed.

I didn't have the room to do anything but use my spring plate.

Just make sure it won't push off of the pad. If it does then it can snag the side and pull the bump stop apart.

There are a few guys over here with pretty close to the same set up as I am running and they haven't had any issues.

How often are they under water in mud though?

I wasn't going to post because I didn't want to derail the topic but since someone else already did the gm bumps are great. I got mine from under a Bravada (s10 blazer) the late 90s models. They are awesome and due to their honeycomb design they are somewhat progressive.

I broke lots of poly and rubber GM bumpstops then switched to King bumpstops. Well worth the money if you jump your vehicle even a little bit. I have broken frames, wheels and bent housing and knuckles on other vehicles but the truck with Kings can soak up the abuse.

I broke lots of poly and rubber GM bumpstops then switched to King bumpstops. Well worth the money if you jump your vehicle even a little bit. I have broken frames, wheels and bent housing and knuckles on other vehicles but the truck with Kings can soak up the abuse.

Wait you actually wheel? i thought it was just a myth