• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Bumper Advice.

what is your stock that you want to make the bumber outta? 6"x2" C-channel by _thickness? im making up a bumber this weekend i hope. ill try to send some pics :)

I'd make it out of something like 3/16" rect tubing. Make it with a face that angles down, thicker at the top than the bottom. Look at some of the designs that incorporate a roller onto the lower edge.

I've got some 2x4" tubing....not sure of the wall thickness on it though. Is there any reasonably non-difficult way to bend the ends back for sliding the front end around stuff and such?

If you'd ever bring it by, I'd give you a few ideas. And I have a couple ideas that will work to bend it around like you want...

BTW...Going to Ethyl this sunday for the races...

So basically.....I need to borrow a cut off wheel! Anybody got a spare one? and yeah....need some help fabbing up a stinger/pre-runner bar for the bumper....who's interested?

so seriously? nobody has a bender for hire? cuz that's what i'm needing the most really...i can get the angle grinder from dad you know?

I've got one of those 'booty-fab special' pipe benders.....

thats what I'll be using on the wife's scout :lol:

Bring that dang truck over here and we'll have a wrenching session on it. I got the garage cleaned out right now, but you better hurry.....

hey if it'll work and look at least decent we'll be good to go right?

Trust me as soon as it runs I'll probably show up in your driveway