• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Buying a Tag in Alabama

DSMITC90

Whats a Push Rod???
So earlier in 2012 I bought a Samurai that had been sitting in a Barn, in Marengo County, since 2000. The ECM had popped and the owner died. His son sold it to me with a title. The vehicle had not been moved in 12 years. It had been tagged for Farm use. Went to the Jefferson County Courthouse to register it to me and get a tag. They wanted me to pay 12 years for back tags, even thuogh it hasnt moved and had been broke down. Thats like $400. My question is, Is there anyway to get a around this? Is this a ststewide thing? or just Jeffco? This is my first time dealing with this. Thanks for your time.

State of Alabama sucks when it comes to trying to get a vehicle registered even a brand new one I have had to make as many as three trips back and forth before getting a tag for little BS stuff

ALLJ said:
State of Alabama sucks when it comes to trying to get a vehicle registered even a brand new one I have had to make as many as three trips back and forth before getting a tag for little BS stuff

Jefferson County brings the suck even more....Its an all day process.

My tags are due for renewal this month and I don't remember paying $178 to renew the tag on my truck last year.......maybe I did, but feels like they went up on them molaugh

And I was suprised 12 years of back tags only amounted to $400 :****:

TacomaJD said:
And I was suprised 12 years of back tags only amounted to $400 :****:

That was me assuming $29.50 x 12...I dont know I left the courthouse and didnt even ask a dollar amount.

B.DRAKE said:
Alabama tags suck for 3 vehicles and one trailer and $700 worth of tags due this month

The one for my 3/4 ton is $178 and the one for my Saturn is like $50 or so. My trailer isn't tagged, nor did I do any paperwork on it when I bought it new so it's not even registered molaugh Hopefully I don't end up having to register and tag it one day 8)

I hate my tags being due this month, broke as hell after xmas break, then have to pay for taxes to be done also, and hope that I don't have to pay any in like I did last year molaugh would be nice if they were due during the summer or something.

Yep thisis pretty much an expensive month at the Drake household every year :****: :'(

Oh and I never tagged or registered a trailer til I got pulled over by a "Revenue Enforcer" one day and he tried to give me a ticket for no tag but luckily I was pulling my RZR trailer that I had just bout the week prior and he let me off

B.DRAKE said:
Yep thisis pretty much an expensive month at the Drake household every year :****: :'(

Oh and I never tagged or registered a trailer til I got pulled over by a "Revenue Enforcer" one day and he tried to give me a ticket for no tag but luckily I was pulling my RZR trailer that I had just bout the week prior and he let me off

Where did you get pulled over at, I want to avoid that area molaugh

Latest posts