• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

BW 1354 tc questions

leadfoot067

can we swith from electeic shift to manual shift? or do i gotta change the whole case? rig is a 91 ranger...with a 5 speed...

True, but it depends on what you mean by switch.

I know there's a company that makes a thing that you bolt in place of the shift motor, which has a handle thing to shift manually from under the truck.
But you have to get out...

But you may be able to rig up some kind of arm/linkage/cable or something, in place of your shift motor. This is what I was planning to do, but got a new manual case instead.

there was guy on explorer4x4.com that was making what dogboy is talking about.
if you pull the shift motor off the transfer case you can manually change the range from underneath

I will hook you up with a set of vice-grips...way cheeper then a tcase, WTF is it with all the ford guys?

True, but it depends on what you mean by switch.

I know there's a company that makes a thing that you bolt in place of the shift motor, which has a handle thing to shift manually from under the truck.
But you have to get out...

But you may be able to rig up some kind of arm/linkage/cable or something, in place of your shift motor. This is what I was planning to do, but got a new manual case instead.

its called vice grips:flipoff: they work but they suck, trust me

Its funny, when I got my t cace doubler for my exploder I asked Duffy at D@D machine why he didn't make a doubler that went to a dana 20 or a fliped 300 and he told me that it was because all the guys who wheel fords are to cheep...

I have another e-shift motor if you need it? I have a spare case minus the front planetary gear set you can have also. Come and get it!

yea i have a e-shift case w/motor sitting in the garage, have one in the truck that will be getting pulled soon hopefully:rolleyes:

I don't think the fullsize trucks ever came with a BW 1350/1354, only rangers, bronco II's and explorers.

The fullsizes a came a BW 1356, or 13__, or something. Something along those lines, but I don't remember what the exact model was

free99 for mine, there are enought of them around and they arent worth **** to me, just drive up to enumclaw and pick it up:awesomework:

Last edited: