• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Cage Criticism (flame on!)

bend them up and follow the roof as close as you can... are you just bolting with plates to the floor?

I would stop want you are doing and drill 1 1/2" holes through your floor so you can lower the cage this way you can weld the top sides then build plates larger then the holds and bolt through the floor even if you tie everything into the frame to can bolt through the floor this way you can get as close to the roof as possible and still weld everything up.

X...3. I would have never thought of that. A whole lot easier than cutting the top off and welding it back on later.

also, if you plan it out before you bend anything, and you plan on welding the pads to the floor, you can build them up as boxes. then when you're all tacked and you left yourself room you can slide them off the boxes and it will drop down as much as the height of the box.

the horizontal bars on the doors are tacked in. the actual seat bars across are just an idea i have, (calling TTF FAB!:hi:) the bump in the front is just exagerated for going over the tunnel, which might get persuaded with a BFH for the rear bar, to make it a straight shot. but my thought was to have the tabs come off horizontal to the tube to get the seat as low as possible, and ditch the slider idea....oh well... i think fixed points will be better in the long run.

seatbracketoption1-1.jpg

seatbracketoption2-1.jpg

that looks good dude. thats the cleanest/simplest way to do it. also, if you want to do it out of 1" we have a 20' stick right now that I could cut some pieces to accomplish that. I also have some tabs that you could just weld to those tubes running across and bolt your seat directly to them. I might be out that way for a bachelor party so I could bring some tube or tabs or both.

that looks good dude. thats the cleanest/simplest way to do it. also, if you want to do it out of 1" we have a 20' stick right now that I could cut some pieces to accomplish that. I also have some tabs that you could just weld to those tubes running across and bolt your seat directly to them. I might be out that way for a bachelor party so I could bring some tube or tabs or both.

Dude! that would be rad!

I have (what i feel) is a pretty good mounting system figured out, but i wasnt able to get any tabs tonight from ECT (theyre moving) I can tell you how much i would need, I was able to get both bars across the floor to mount in with NO bends! :cool: i'll draw up a little sketch of how i did it in a sec. But ya, I'd need two pieces no less than 50" each (center to center of the tubes are 49" and 49.75")

Ya, it would be nice to redo them, I'm not satisfieed with the crack-job tabs i made tonight in haist:redneck::mad:.

EDIT:
Here is what i came up with, It's all tacked in, so it'd be no problem to knock it out and put in the 1" stuff. :awesomework: I like this style because you can slide the seats around much easier until you find the right spot having the bars parallel. i might shorten up the small vertical pieces a little more to push the seats a little more forward. where i have my crappy tabs right now, i'm a little too far back and away from the door, it's hard to look out at the ground.

seatssetup.jpg

seatssetup2.jpg

Last edited: