• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Carfax check?

biggin

Anybody got an account with carfax that would be willing to check a Vin for me?

Don't forget how incredibly easy it is to avoid filing anything on a car fax.

You can bend a frame in half and bondo truck bedsides with 10lbs of filler and it have a clean car fax, THEN sell it on a major franchised car dealership lot!!

I don't know zukimaster, but hopefully he'll give you some pointers to find those damage repairs before you buy. If that's what you're even trying to do

LightBnDr, I found a truck that I'd like to look at that 4 hours away. Really just wanted to see if it had any major damage reported before I made the trip. The carfax had a lot of useful information like, one owner, pretty decent service records, and it did show a light damage repair to front fender.

The average consumer would be blown away by what happens in our business. It's no different than any other high pressure sales industry.

Real estate agents do the same garbage

Good luck to you brother. I hope all goes well

LightBnDr said:
The average consumer would be blown away by what happens in our business. It's no different than any other high pressure sales industry.

Real estate agents do the same garbage

Good luck to you brother. I hope all goes well
I found out that one I've got is missing 100k from the odometer :****: but it's no big deal I would have gotten it regardless but damn

Re:

Most of the time if it's over 10 years old the miles are exempt, but you would not be in trouble anyway because the mileage went back way before you took possession of it.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

zukimaster said:
Most of the time if it's over 10 years old the miles are exempt, but you would not be in trouble anyway because the mileage went back way before you took possession of it.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
thanks :dblthumb: like I said I'm planning on keeping it forever. But if this v10 lays down and I can't find a good replacement I'll just do a diesel swap and have what I wanted to start with and then that car fax will really be jacked up :woot: